Pedal Switcher Recommendation

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brenkj, Jan 23, 2012.

1. brenkj

brenkj Supporting Member

I'm trying to find a programmable pedal switcher that (1) will fit on my board, and (2) do what I need, and (3) not cost an arm and a leg.

The Carl Martin Octa-Switch would be perfect, except it's too long (I only have about 16 inches to work with and it's about 20 inches). Most of the others I've seen are a lot more sophisticated (amp-switching, MIDI, etc.), which I don't need and don't want to pay for. Can anyone recommend a basic programmable switcher like the Octa-Switch that has the switches in two rows, cutting down the length of the device?

Thanks.

2. yerbluesrob

yerbluesrob Supporting Member

3. teleclem

teleclem Member

Well, Jack Deville just came out with some.

4. Jim Cobb

Jim Cobb Supporting Member

i just got a meon gec-9 and i'm so blown away at how useful this thing is for the price. 289 shipped, and you've got 6 series loops and 3 loops that need to be patched in separately that can be used for controlling channel switching on an amp, switch between multiple amps, or just 3 more efx loops. 10 banks of 5 preset switches (50 presets for the mathematically challenged) and a separate switch for muting and sending signal to tuner. buffered and unbuffered inputs too. i'm also really impressed with the build quality. the chinese have really outdone themselves on this. i have no affiliation with the company, i'm just really loving my new switcher.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. brenkj

brenkj Supporting Member

Thanks for the ideas. Jack Deville looks like he makes some good-quality products, but I didn't see a programmable looper on his site. Any idea where I can see it?

6. brenkj

brenkj Supporting Member

Any other recommendations? Thanks