• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Pedal Switching (Boss LS-2 help)

I want to be able to switch from a loop of pedals (fuzz and pog) going into the normal channel of my Twin to just guitar straight into Vibrato channel on the Twin.

Will this be possible by using the A<>B loop mode with the fuzz/pog in loop a and just the send output of loop b going to the Vibrato channel (with nothing in the return of loop B (therefore not sending anything to the normal channel of the twin?))??

From;
Guitar>Fuzz/pog>normal channel

To;

Guitar>vibrato channel

ALSO does the Boss LS-2 have any headroom issues?? I run a fuzz factory full volume (very loud) and don't want any issues!

P.s. Buffers are not a problem!

Thanks!!!!

BoTheMu

I think you need to set it to work like an ABY. This way one output goes to the pedals, the other output goes directly to the vibrato channel.

No idea about headroom issues. I'd be surprised if it was an issue.

The reason I haven't thought of this is that when on the non affected side, the noise from the fuzzes would still be going to my amp.

Anyone else can help?!

BoTheMu

In that case you need something that can switch in a loop and change the output at the same time.

Perhaps someone can suggest a custom option. Bright onion are good (and cheap) if you are Europe based.

stinkfoot

Will this be possible by using the A<>B loop mode with the fuzz/pog in loop a and just the send output of loop b going to the Vibrato channel (with nothing in the return of loop B (therefore not sending anything to the normal channel of the twin?))??
It should work. Guitar -> LS-2 input, with fuzz/pog in loop A and LS-2 output to the normal channel input. Loop B send -> vibrato channel input.

norbert

It should work. Guitar -> LS-2 input, with fuzz/pog in loop A and LS-2 output to the normal channel input. Loop B send -> vibrato channel input.
AFAIK I don't think you can switch between loops AND switch between outputs at the same time through an LS-2.

OP looks like you might need a custom solution unfortunately. Also, I've not faced any issues with headroom with the LS-2, FWIW. Cheers!

stinkfoot

Actually, you can. The A<->B mode alternates between running input -> loop A -> output and input -> loop B -> output. If you use only the send on one of the loops, you will in effect switch outputs and loops at the same time.

norbert

Awesome! The humble LS-2 surprises yet again :)

Can someone share the signal path diagram/link - I wasn't able to fully follow. Is this the same one as the tuner out diagram? I wasn't sure if that would work. Thanks!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom