Pedal that does the COT thing for less dough?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by imjustadrummer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member

I miss the sparkle and treble boost my COT 50 Gold provided to my rig.

anything else out there that emulates that treble boost?

What I liked, in particular, was that the treble boost seemed to stay there even with my guitar volume rolled back... nothing else has done that for me.

Guitar is a McCarty

2. aquadog

aquadog Member

I haven't played anything else that will do exactly what the Cot does. The closest thing I've come across is Sean's balance pedal (now called the mini v).

It's a little bit different but similar - into a cleaner amp (or with low output pickups, like a strat), it will give a really nice, chimey clean boost up to around 10 or 11 o'clock. After that, it will hit your amp really hard, driving it into overdrive and giving off a sort of fuzz like od - hard to describe, but it's really incredible. When you roll your volume knob back, it keeps the treble boosted, maybe even a little more so than the cot.
    A bit of a different flavor, but it sounds even bigger than my cot50. Also, when driven harder with humbuckers, it'll give up the overdriven goods much quicker, but still clean up incredibly well

3. iggs

iggs Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  4. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member

aquadog,
    I have a BBB"07, but find that it doesn't have the treble boost qualities of the COT especially with the guitar volume knob backed down...

5. -DC/AC-

-DC/AC- Member

I would look at the HAO Rust Driver. It's got one knob for volume and a 3-way switch for Bright, Normal and Warm so you could use the Bright setting for more sparkle and more treble. It's also not too expensive ($170) so I would give it a try if I were you.

6. aquadog

aquadog Member

I'm talking about the balance/mini V. The BBB'07 is a germanium fuzz with a bias knob for different flavors of fuzz