Pedal to replace tremolo, phaser and vibrato.

Kennyscrown

I'm looking for a new tremolo, to replace my Flint which I've moved on. However, I'm thinking I could also get something that does multiple mod effects (not worried about this being at the same time) to replace at least one of my Script Phase 90 and Behringer Super Vibrato as well.

Stereo is important to me, and I've been thinking about a Mobius - I might just be able to stretch to a 2nd hand one.

However, the Red Witch Moon phaser has just come on to my radar screen which would be a lot cheaper and would cover tremolo and great phase, with a vibey element.

Any thoughts on the above or any other multi modulation pedals which would include tremolo?

Kev O)))

MXR Uni-Vibe. Seems to be based on a Phaser platform but it can also get some Tremolo tones too.

Last edited:

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
The Mobius is really worth every penny IMHO. Especially if this is a gigging/live context. I've had mine for three years and still finding new things in it.

You might consider the Digitech Ventura as well, seems like a great option with a few different sounds on it.

Source Audio Orbital Mod also seems like a great one too, though not sure how much trem it does.

Kennyscrown

:cool:
The Mobius is really worth every penny IMHO. Especially if this is a gigging/live context. I've had mine for three years and still finding new things in it.

You might consider the Digitech Ventura as well, seems like a great option with a few different sounds on it.

Source Audio Orbital Mod also seems like a great one too, though not sure how much trem it does.
I really just do recording/writing with odd showcase gig, but the Mobius is very tempting - I like the idea of a huge range of sounds at my fingertips. It will also fit nicely on my board next to my Timeline.

Mr2D

You can use a möbius as a wah and a vol pedal too. I love mine, saved me so much money and space.

67blackcherry

The new Keeley Tone Mod Workstations are very cool and set at a great price point, you might want to look into of those units.

Kennyscrown

The new Keeley Tone Mod Workstations are very cool and set at a great price point, you might want to look into of those units.
I've been looking at those, but can't work out if they are stereo? If they were, that would probably be my choice - I have pondered a 30ms as well, but though I just couldn't get one of those as well as my tremolo/phaser option. They add some great dirt as well.

Kennyscrown

You can use a möbius as a wah and a vol pedal too. I love mine, saved me so much money and space.
Yes, the Wah option looks great, but I didn't know they could double as a volume pedal as well - how does that work?

Mr2D

Yes, the Wah option looks great, but I didn't know they could double as a volume pedal as well - how does that work?
You set the pattern Trem up so it doesn't actually Trem (length of 1) and an expression pedal controls the depth. Et voila - volume pedal.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Someone always mentions the Zoom CDR70 at this point, and it's hard to argue with at the price.

Outlier

Check out the diamond Halo Chorus. It is a chorus and phaser but definitely gets into vibe territory as well. Doesn't do trem exactly but you can mimic it a bit.

Last edited:

Kennyscrown

Does anyone use a Red Witch Moon phaser?
Check out the diamond Halo Chorus. It is a chorus and phaser but definitely gets into vibe territory as well. Doesn't do trem exactly but you can mimic it a bit.
I'll check out the demos, cheers.

This would be my tremolo heaven - thought long and hard about it and watched the demos, but it doesn't seem to be very 'phasey'?
Its not a phaser sound like wooshy phaser a la phase 90 but its kind of like what you get with brownface harmonic tremolo, which is a phasing effect but not the in your face wooshy sound of a phase 90. It's like hearing a tremolo effect with a subtle vibe or phasing character in therewhen I run one side of the tremolo into a pro jr with the tone all the way down, and the other side into a DRRI thats set brighter.
I think of Vibrato as being purely a pitch thing (even though fender marks tremolo as vibrato on their amps) and the supa trem 2 does not do anything in that realm.

Last edited:

Kennyscrown

Its not a phaser sound like wooshy phaser a la phase 90 but its like what you get with brownface harmonic tremolo, which is a phasing effect but not the in your face wooshy sound of a phase 90. It's like hearing a tremolo effect with a subtle vibe or phasing character in there. Theres the sound of the signals volume being modulated up and down, and also the signal being split into a high EQ band and Low EQ band and those running in sinewaves to each other (I think that *kinda* goes into describing harmonic tremolo), you can dial in the amount of each you want with it with the phase knob. I run one side of the tremolo into a pro jr with the tone all the way down, and the other side into a DRRI, sounds really amazing like that.
I think of Vibrato as being purely a pitch thing (even though fender marks tremolo as vibrato on their amps) and the supa trem 2 does not do anything in that realm.
Sounds amazing! I used to have the Flint and loved the harmonic trem, but really want a stereo solution. I was thinking Mobius because I know they have the same models of trem as the Flint but in stereo, and it will obviously cover my Phaser/vibrato needs as well as a lot more. But the Supa Trem is something I've always wanted.

Trending Topics