• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Pedal to send a lagged version of my signal to second amp??

i'm running a stereo setup and understand that I could use a stereo chorus etc to achieve a doubletracked big stereo sound but I dont want any shift in pitch!

Does the Strymon deco do this?? Literally just one repeat into the second amp (without the original striked note in the second amp!).

Thanks!!

NHBluesMan

the DD5 has a setting (#7) that allows you to send your clean signal out one output and effected (delayed) signal out the other. Just set it for 1 repeat and anywhere from 1 to 400ms run the effected out to your second amp and your golden.

Squatch57

I use my Vox Time Machine for a similar purpose just using the delay only output
I run it through a channel of my Superblender so the Superego freeze hits separately after an auto swell, works good

You could use the Vox for stereo widening with two amps, and also have the option of tapping different delays

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
Keely has a pro version of the 30ms Double Track he's working in with seperate outputs and other features people have requested since it's release.

tobereleased

i'm running a stereo setup and understand that I could use a stereo chorus etc to achieve a doubletracked big stereo sound but I dont want any shift in pitch!

Does the Strymon deco do this?? Literally just one repeat into the second amp (without the original striked note in the second amp!).

Yep, just put it in wide stereo mode and use the sum or sub mode rather than bounce, and turn the wobble to zero. I really want a Deco for this purpose. I think this is a video created by a TGP user to demonstrate the wide stereo mode:

sl1960a

Silver Supporting Member
Keely has a pro version of the 30ms Double Track he's working in with seperate outputs and other features people have requested since it's release.

Interesting - is it going to have two separate inputs too? I have this pedal (love it) and run it in my effects loop. I would love to run it into the effects loop of two amps.

tremolo3

Is there a delay out there with a 100% wet feature???

the DD5 has a setting (#7) that allows you to send your clean signal out one output and effected (delayed) signal out the other. Just set it for 1 repeat and anywhere from 1 to 400ms run the effected out to your second amp and your golden.

Boss DD-3, use the Direct out so that it's 100% wet and set it to really short - like 25 ms. Cheap, easy solution

Just tried this with my Boss dd-3 - sent the dry side to a Vox AC-30 model and the wet/delayed side to a Fender Tweed model dripping with reverb. Sounds glorious. I have that sitting under an acoustic guitar on a demo I’m working on and it really is sweet.

elron hoover

I've been doing this with a '59 LTD and Budda SD30 II for a while now. Using something like a Strymon for this is overkill and a waste of money, not to mention a waste of functionality, since you'll only be using the pedal for a straight wet signal. All you need is a pedal that will put out a 100% wet digital copy as close as possible to the original dry signal.

While using something like an old DD-(x) will sound nice in conjunction with the dry amp, you will notice the wet signal is very different when listening to it on its own. I ended up using a TC Flashback I picked up for around $90, and the wet copy is much more faithful to the original signal than anything I could get out of my DD-5.

I split the signal at the end of my board with an Echolution 2D into the 100% wet FB (right side only) and then both sides through a Lehle Little Dual (the LD keeps the signals isolated and allows me to invert the phase via a button when engaging the FB for the stereo spread. This is necessary to achieving the best sound in my rig, since the E2D inverts the phase already when I am using "dual-mono mode", before engaging the FB for the stereo spread, which again inverts the phase of the 2nd amp) to both amps.

Besides the price point and quality of the wet signal, another advantage to the TC FB is the ability to create toneprints. I used this advantage to create a patch without any unneccessary processing, and mapped the "time" knob to go from 1 msec to around 50 msec at the max; this way I can fine-tune the spread using the whole dial. Any time I want to go back to regular dual-mono (dry with no spread), I click the FB off and invert the phase on the Little Dual.

elron hoover

I would never use a pedal with no analog-through to do this, and there is no reason to spend a bunch of money to put a 100% wet signal to one amp.. just imo, of course.

Top Bottom