Pedal You Searched the Longest For?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Last Nerve, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Member

Or maybe one you're STILL searching for?

I was lucky and after about a year and a half I find a NEW Teese RMC3LE!

2. Parapedal

Parapedal Guest

A Parapedal, I searced for nearly a full year in all Englands music stores, then baught a Parachute Clone

A Fuzz Face: I saw one at Londons Guitar show last year, then a few days before this years show one showed up in my local store for £50! I took it before they got a chance to look it up :D

3. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Tonebone Classic, all the high voltage "preamp's-in-a-pedal" didn't come close to what I wanted a good distortion pedal to sound like. Leave it to Tonebone to use a low voltage 12ax7 to come up with exactly what I heard in my head.

4. covert

covert Member

Still looking for an ADA flanger at a reasonable price.

5. cvansickle

cvansickle Member

I don't have to search. They find me. They haunt me. They taunt me. They make me buy them.... AARRRGGGHHH!

I did search for years to get my Vox Valve Effects Loop Buffer though. I remember playing a Marshall combo rig at the 1994 NAMM show, and the Vox buffer had just been introduced. It was marvelous how it handled pedals in that amp's loop.

A few years later, I found myself needing one, but Vox hadn't made them since 1995. Thanks to some web searches, I found one used in 2001.

6. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

A Korg G4 which I just pulled the trigger on last week. Before that a Klon at a decent price. That one took about a year!:D

7. Reactionjackson

Reactionjackson Member

Funny you should mention....I've been on the search for a Mutron Octave Divider for atleast a year and I just found a nice deal on one (the first I've come across!) yesterday :D

8. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

9. GuitarG

GuitarG Member

A (5 knob?) Fender Blender. Been wanting one for years. I've seen them listed a number of times recently but I haven't wanted to drop the coin. I keep hoping that I will find one at a semi-resonable price.
    Oh and BTW, I have no earthly idea what I will use it for except as an extreme fuzz in the studio. I somehow don't see it working its way into my live rig. :cool:

10. somedude

somedude Member

I'm still searching for the right fuzz.....

11. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    ADA Final Phase, in good shape, there is one on ebay right now, but it's facelplate looks like it was used to dull screwdrivers The last one I came across was on ebay too and ADA Depot bought the unit for quite a bit of money! I underestimated how high it would go.

TheGrooveking

12. erksin

erksin Member

A great medium gain OD - went through 5 of them before finding the Mosferatu...

13. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

I looked for years to find a grind pedal w/ a tasteful mid hump. I settled on the "Gristle King" by TC Jauernig. Great pedal! (Yeah I know, the Klon was great but too much coin and real estate).

Bob:D

14. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

Two pedals for me....

DLS EchoTAP - I went through alot of delay pedals looking for one that sounded right for me. In the past I'd buy a Boss, Ibanez, Peavey or another mass produced delay pedal and I'd unload it pretty fast - none sounded right to me. I wasn't necessarily after the analog or tape thing - just a sound that appealed to me. Last year I went through a number of delay pedals suggested here and the EchoTAP did the trick. As an added bonus it's very feature rich (tap tempo, two f/sw selectable delay settings, tone control, true bypass). Done!

Clay Jones OD - I sold an early 70's Marshall JMP-50 head some 15 years ago and came to regret doing so (stopped gigging and had no need of bigor high powered amps - oops!). This amp had a thick tone and smooth drive and was not overly bright. It was different than other metal panel NMV Marshall I've owned or played. It was at home with blues, rock, fusion. Anyway I've been through more than a few overdrive pedals trying to recapture some the same vibe that amp had. By the end of last year I had come to the conclusion that it was not possible / did not exist (I didn't try everything of course but sampled many and never got even close). I was on the list for the CJOD but I was expecting it to be more of a smooth fusion type of sound. Well, it does that and much more. The big surprise is that, with my current amp, the CJOD is so very much like that now long gone JMP-50 that I no longer miss the amp!

15. fatback

fatback Member

TC Sustainer/Parametric eq pedal.

Being a big Frisell and Torn fan through the 90's, this was one pedal that had me very curious. I looked for one for years and ended up paying @ $300 for a working one in bad cossmetic shape about three years ago. Then a few months ago I scored another one off HC, mint - new in box- for $225. :rolleyes:

you never know...

16. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

My Klon. I wasn't going to pay $300 for an overdrive, looked for about 4 years. Missed one at Dave's Guitar for $200! Finally found mine for a little more.

Took me 4 years to find the filter module for my PME40x and had to buy another complete unit to get it (anyone want a base station-I now have 3!).

17. John II

John II Member

18. eric-d

eric-d Member

The right fuzz pedal hands down... I still think it harder to find the perfect fuzz over any overdrive search. I have the two (MJM London germanium fuzz and NKT-275 Sunface) that I think are the top of the heap. We'll have to wait and see what comes out on the market......

19. mild

mild Member

I'm still looking for a VB-2 for less than an arm and a leg...

20. eric-d

eric-d Member

BYOC has a clone...