Pedalboard Advice Needed (just got a PS55--not sure about it)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jake5, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jake5

jake5 Supporting Member

Guys, I just bought a SKB PS55 pedalboard...and I'm really not so sure I like it. First, it's sort of complicated. Second, I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to run all the pedals I need w/ it Third, I'm not really going to be able to use the stereo feature or the running into an effects loop features b/c my main amp is a 68 Super Reverb. So, I'm thinking I made a bad decisoin...I honestly haven't even able to get this thing up and running w/ all my pedals...can't even figure out which input will power a freakin' phase 90. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

2. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Why did you purchase it then?
    Did you get a manual with it?
    Did you check out the website for info/tips?

3. jcoggins7

jcoggins7 Member

I had one of those. They're actually really easy to operate. The only reason I got rid of mine is because I had two that had a 9V/12V jack go bad. After the second, I said to hell with it and got a Furman, which works perfectly.

4. jake5

jake5 Supporting Member

yeah...i wouldn't call it easy to operate. but that's opinion. i've got it all hooked up now, but there just seems to be a lot of unwanted noise, and still can not find a power source that will power a phase 90. anybody else got any input?

5. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Call Furman tomorrow, IIRC, it is a 1-800 #.
    I'm pretty sure SKB and Furman are the same thing. I have the Furman SPB-8C, which is the equivalent to you SKB.
    I say call Furman because their customer service is GREAT.
    Tell the operator you have a technical question on your pedalboard, they will transfer you. Brad, Brian, Dave, maybe? Whatever the guy's name is, he is super cool and will help you out. I've received a few free cables when I've called with the intention of ordering some.
    Tell him what you have, and what you need.
    Did you purchase it new? Because I'm pretty sure my board came with the cable you need. I'll look around tonite for it, or an extra or something, so actually wait until I post back before calling Furman.

It is a great board, and a really nice upgrade from the previous version.