Pedalboard Brand Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ren007, Jan 10, 2018.

1. tylerpond05

tylerpond05 Member

Another vote for NYC Pedalboards. I love my Gigman and it is amazing and has lasted for over 10 years. Just recarpeted it about a year ago with something different and it's even better now.

2. cosmic_ape

cosmic_ape Supporting Member

Yeah, I have used Pedaltrain for years. Hard to beat. I have three of their boards now. And I’ve modified them all, so they’re not going anywhere.

I am looking to get a full sized (think PT Pro or larger) board and I started doing the research again. I wanted to go Temple, but read about the flimsyness and was put off by it.

The larger Pedaltrains do have way too much space in between the rails. I am considering a Mono board now. Their design has addressed this by offering different sized and shaped openings for running cables:

[​IMG]

3. themass

themass Supporting Member

I like the looks of those!

4. DGrig

DGrig Member

I have one of those and I love it! But I only use it at home. I wouldn't gig with it. It's too pretty to see it get scratched up. The WalrusAudio power source is killer too.

5. rolsen

rolsen Member

Pedal Pad. Love the lid and hardcase design. You just set it down, unlatch the lid and you're set!

xervinx likes this.
  6. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Supporting Member

7. mrwolf

mrwolf Member

Nothing is crooked at all. I put a drop of threadlok on the mounting screws to stop them coming loose and so far so good.
    I've used Pedaltrain for years, the new versions are so steep that I couldn't use my wah or volume pedals comfortably.
    50 gigs in 3 months is pretty good when I do over 200 a year, my gear gets thoroughly tested.
    Just because you don't like Temple does not make it a bad design, just as my dislike of Pedaltrain doesn't make it poor.

8. gennation

gennation Member

If I buy one it would be a pedaltrain, why look further? But I just get some thick plexiglass cut and some dual lock and it works great for me.

[​IMG]

9. ozzynotwood

ozzynotwood Member

Go to google images, search "shower duck board". $15 in Australia.

10. Vcaster

Vcaster Member

@Ren007 I've built two boards, both Pedaltrains; a Classic 2 and a Nano+. It's tough to beat Pedaltrain's availability and affordability.

That said, if I were starting out now, I'd take a look at Mono. The quality of Mono products typically is excellent, and you can be confident the pedal board case is bomber. (Which isn't necessarily the, er, case with Pedaltrain's soft cases.)

I'm also really liking the integrated solutions that Friedman offers, with their patch bay and power supply.

As another TGP'er posted, Chemistry Design Werks' Holeyboard is a cool design. Seems to make the most sense for a pedal board you keep at home or in the studio. Me, I wanted a rig I could pack up easily and transport to a jam or wherever, loan out, etc.

If you go the Pedaltrain route, I recommend StageTrix accessories for the build-out. For my big board I used all of their products. For my small board, I regret not using their Super Loop -- it's superior to the Velcro loop that came with the Pedaltrain Nano+.

Will_Pancake and gravy like this.
  11. Serenity

Serenity Member

Schmidt Array are worth checking out.
    [​IMG]

Vcaster and henryjurstin13 like this.
  12. jero

jero Member

I am using a NYC Pedalboard for over a decade now. Highly recommended. I also use a pedaltrain mini for my blues band. Also fine, but since it has a soft case I am always a bit worried when taking it on the road.

13. schizo910

schizo910 Member

This, I had the exact same thing. Thought of doing it differently than the majority...ended up joining them.

14. zaddn

zaddn Supporting Member

I too have been wondering about a new board. I’ve had pedaltrain boards for as long as I can remember but with the layout that I’m thinking for my new home board I don’t think a pedaltrain will work. I hate the dead space their rails leave. I don’t have any single large effects so a lot of the spacing they have is excessive.

With that being said, as far as gigging durability and ease of pedal changes I’d have a hard time going with anything other than a pedaltrain.

For the home board I’m thinking a holeyboard (using Velcro or dual lock) but it seems like I remember their pricing being a lot lower?

15. joevacc

joevacc Member

I have 3 PT Nano’s and they work well but I recently bought this On Stage brand pedalboard and I love the thing. There are several sizes.

The case is arguably better that the Pedaltrain bags I have and it was less than half of the cost of the similar sized Pedaltrain.

16. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

17. CarlGuitarist

CarlGuitarist Member

I think the Voodoo Lab pedalboards look great. Much more usable space than Pedaltrain, and they have different packages that include power supply and loop switcher if you need it.

That being said I'm a happy PT novo 18 user. Perfect size, light weight.

18. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

I really like Pedaltrain stuff.

19. Will_Pancake

Will_Pancake Member

Temple Audio Pedalboards!

mrwolf likes this.
  20. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Just wanted to be clear, I wasn’t questioning you credentials as a performing musician. Realize it may have come off that way.

I’d say it makes both bad designs for each of us.

I love all the ideas that Temple has. The add ons are really useful and they make for a very nice looking board. I just wish everything was made a bit heavier duty.