Pedalboard Complete..........mostly

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jeffluke137, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

Alright guys, now that I finished the board for the most part, I figured I'd start a thread. I still need to make some more cables to get rid of the test of the cheap ones, but I give up for now [emoji36][​IMG]

This set-up sounds so good guys.......I just love it.

Also, after playing the Strymons for a few days.......their "better"........period.

There were aspects about the sound of the Eventides that I liked better, but overall these are a huge jump in sound quality. My tone has never sounded more clear. The Eventides must have been dulling my sound, because even when the Strymons are bypassed my tone is better. I MUCH prefer the UI on the Eventides by far, but I'll get used to it. However, the preset switching is way better on the Strymons.

I still need to dial everything in but I'm pretty happy right now. This destroys the HD500 I was using.

Oh, the Joyo Yellow comp is my favorite comp so far.

If you have any questions let me know. Thank you for the board Jofa!!! View attachment 92104

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. MattAnt

MattAnt Supporting Member

So you go direct with this?

3. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

Yep.....sounds amazing

4. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

My only question is “How did you afford it?” ;) Looks great (i.e., looks like it sounds great)--kudos! -E

5. MattAnt

Nice. I need to tidy up some cabling but my project is nearly complete too...
    [​IMG]

6. thesauce

thesauce Member

I recently acquired some kingsley pedals (squire Dumble and jouster). Similar setup here overall. Just got the torpedo cab as well.

Have you used the torpedo cab live yet? If so what's your feedback? I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet although I can foresee myself as nervous using it on that first gig.

7. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

I swear I haven't spent a dollar of my own money on gear in like 3yrs. I just did a lot of buying, selling and trading. I can't afford any of those expensive pedals. It's taken a long time and been a lot of work.

Also, everything on there is used except the Kingsley Squire.

8. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

Beautiful board! I'm almost certain I used to own that Boiling Point [emoji16]

9. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

I've been using the Kingsley and Torpedo for over a year. It's killer........it destroys the HD500x I was using. I had the Dumble version of the Squire but didn't like it. It was too dark for me, but it may be good for single coils.

I also had a Jester and Juggler at different points. They're great pedals but they didn't work for me in this set-up. I had such high hopes though [emoji17]

10. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Gorgeous! What's the red pedal with GT stripes. It's a RAT clone right?

11. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

Thanks! It's the R3 FX Sally Drive

12. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

Its an 808 spin-off / clone / what-have-you.

13. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

What kind of music do you play? Do you run direct in every venue?

14. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

I play at church; yes I always go direct.

15. MattAnt

Oh surreal yes I totally bought it off you! Now it lives far far away in New Zealand :)

16. Nystuss

Nystuss Member

Gorgeous. My board is almost done too. I'm waiting for one more pedal to arrive, and it's just an order swapper. Then I won't have any room left, and I love all of my pedals too much to replace any of them. I may upgrade the cables eventually, but that will probably be an incremental thing over a long period of time.

17. ToneBum

ToneBum Silver Supporting Member

Just got the CAB + Kingsley Squire D setup and I'm loving it! Already re-recorded some guitar parts on my album and the tone is better and clearer than what I was able to achieve using my amp and good mics. Yet to try it live. I'll do that tomorrow! But I have a question for you, Jeff, what preamp did you end up going with since you said the Dumble style was too dark for you? Did you just get the TB version of the Squire?