pedalboard for hands

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mr. Limbic, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

couldnt think of a more descriptive thread title, but looking for creative setups for guitarist that like to use pedals with their hands and feet ala Eivind Aarset and David Torn...I am looking to use my board with my feet the same, but adding a looper, so that I can create loops, but then have a few effects post-loop (for hands) to "effect" the loops...The pedals im thinking about are my dd5 for reverse/pitchshift/mangled delay, an Alesis Bitrman (if I can find one) for bit crush/ring mod and all sorts of other stuff...Any other ideas? I am really looking for good ways to effect the loops and also set them up in an organized fashion that wont take up tons of space or time, thanks! Here are the pedals I already use Guitar>Demeter Comp>EB volume>EB wah>Phase 90>TS9>Rat 2>Wildcard>Pitchfactor>Boss DD5>El Capistan>Boss TR2>TU2>WET Reverb>Amp...Wildcard is either Tone Monk SOL, Boss EQ, Auto filter, Analog delay, hartman flanger, fuzz, or any number of other things...playing style is electronic/ambient/rock

2. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

Let's see - there's the Third Hand:

[​IMG]

And there's another one which lets you spin a pedal's knob via a little knob that you can attach to your mic stand, so there's that too. Those kind of devices can help you alter modulation or whatever on time based effects in live moments, which is cool - i especially like the floormodel so you can keep playing with both hands, and not have to get a delay/flanger/looper/etc pedal with an expression out jack option as a requirement.

Here's Paul Gilbert using it on an ADA Flanger, but as you can imagine, you can hook it up to any pedal you like.

3. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

thats pretty cool! I would like it o be up on some sort of a table or rack though

4. Jahn

5. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

thats pretty cool too! keep em comin

6. Jahn

You can also use laptop/tablet stands/podiums, for the bigger pedal units:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. empressTIM

empressTIM Member

How about the Kaoss Pad and Kaossilator from Korg? Those are ideal hand-based modifiers for your loops, though not exactly pedal-like. Unless they've updated them, they use USB or RCA, so you would need some sort of mixer. Look into a percussion table that attaches to a stand (Meinl makes a good one) so you can have them at a comfortable height. Excited to see what you come up with!

8. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

^^sweet, forgot to add the kaoss pad to the mix, and good idea with the perc table!