• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Pedalboard Friendly Shoes?

JackButler

Silver Supporting Member
Barefoot without the helper buttons! Sometimes flip flops.
Winter months, golden crocodile hide Sanuks.

PhuzzphayzZ

I come back from work and we're at 7 Pages????

LOL, now I'm reeeally embarrassed!!!!

Anyhow, heading out to the BluesJamNight with the WHOLE half-baked pedalboard and "dress shoes"... will report!

smh:p

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
There's so much that needs to be addressed in this thread. I don't even know where to start?

Oh well. Here's some initial thoughts.

1.) I usually wear Winklepickers (or pointy creepers) to gigs. Unless I know there's a lot of stairs and I'm going to end up drunk. Then- and only then- I will wear some Chuck's (or slip-on Vans).

I'm guessing most folks here don't know what Winklepickers or Brothel Creepers are. I'm hoping anyways.

2.) "Is this thread real?"
- said everyone with small, unimpressive, probably hairy and ungroomed.....ummmm.... feet?

I wear a size 12. I get it. Even on normal double pedals it's easy to step on both switches accidentally- if you have big feet! It's important that the tip of the shoe is not bulky.

Actually a relevant question.

3.) Vans and Chuck's for real skaters and Vision and Airwalk for posers?
:spit When *I* started skating, Vans and Chucks were for washed up hippies who were still "sidewalk surfing" while we were ripping it up in our VSW! (And sometimes Airwalk.) Once you learned to Ollie, you could easily rip up a pair of Vans in two days, flat.

4.) Those big, silly skate shoes; like DC, and later Etnies, Emerica, Supra, etc.

I remember when my peers started buying them. I didn't get it. Why would you get those? They look like Jordans? (Or Hardaways lol). Their response? "Exactly!"

I still don't get it. :dunno

5.) Those crazy pointy shoes? Wtf?

I try and be sensitive to other cultures. But I'll never understand that one.

If anything, I'd never wear anything that would make me that vulnerable if attacked. Especially since it's also begging for ridicule....

I've probably got more points to make. But I forget them.

But I'll leave you all with this-

To each their own. :beer

Adam Thomas

I keep a pair of black TOMS in my gig bag exclusively for guitar playing. Not the most comfy or sturdy but perfect for pedal dancing.

Vintagio

I have a specific pair I call my looping shoes. Need a somewhat narrow (not pointy) toe, with a firm sole, that's comfortable enough to stand for 4 hours in. They are about to wear out, so I'm trying to decide what to get next.

PhuzzphayzZ

LOL, I have already apologized for this Thread a few times. Roll on, dear Thread, roll on...

I was even complimented on my PedalShoes at tonight's gig! Sharp!!!

I did realize tonight though that I MUST practice pedal dancing. YOU must be your Pedalboard's Master, not the other way around... I think foot GEAR plays a part... (yes, I said it... shoes ARE gear, lol)

T92780

Gold Supporting Member
LOL, I have already apologized for this Thread a few times. Roll on, dear Thread, roll on...

I was even complimented on my PedalShoes at tonight's gig! Sharp!!!

I did realize tonight though that I MUST practice pedal dancing. YOU must be your Pedalboard's Master, not the other way around... I think foot GEAR plays a part... (yes, I said it... shoes ARE gear, lol)
I applaud this post, or is it, I endorse this message.?. Anyway, good on you. Now, please share picture of your board for another 10-pages of entertainment.

Trending Topics