Pedalboard help! Feedback please!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by phatty matty, Feb 17, 2009.

1. phatty matty

phatty matty Member

My first post ever! So here goes. Started a pedalboard from scratch. Bought a ton o stuff. Want some help with ordering effects/refining choices. Here's what I've been doing:

(Front of Amp) Empress EQ (Tone shaping)>Budda Wah>Tim>KOT>Klon>Effectrode Tube Vibe (Great Vibe!)> K&M/Two Rock LTD (2 channel amp)
    (FX Loop) Tonebone Loopbone>(Loop 1) Empress Trem>Boss RV-3 (Loop 2) Empress Superdelay

Other info: Amp's two channels are good sounding, but I need a boost for leads, as well as some dirty cleans, (usually goes from totally clean to crazy dist).

Been maxing clean master volume and lowering gain on the clean channel of the amp. Using combo of dirty channel and pedals for dirt/dist.

Questions: Is the order above doable? Any suggested changes?
    Are the Klon, TIM and KOT essentially three pedals doing the same thing? Should I sell one and look for a different one that could cover different ground?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks Y'all!

2. jhaines2992

jhaines2992 Member

The order is definitely doable. As far as the pedal overlap goes it depends on your use. I have two OCD's on my board but it allows me to use two different settings in the same set without bending down and jacking with knobs in the dark. If you aren't using them differently then just figure out which one(s) you use the most and replace the others.

PS: Sounds a like rad rig. What kind of amp a you running through?

3. marvelboy_04

marvelboy_04 Member

id say if youve got room, keep the ods

4. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Well, whatever works for you, nice gear for sure. I'd maybe try replacing the tim or KOT with something else, as they both have similar tones, but as others have said, sometimes that's worth it. The Kot can be pretty versatile by itself for just adding more dirt. Ever tried the wah before dirt, that can sound cool too, depending on what you're after. Envious of your amp my friend!!

5. BReyes

BReyes Member

try, and i say try, putting only od's and wah's in front of the amp and put all modulations in the effects loop. you might like it you might not. its just a recommendation

6. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Vibes can sound a bit weird after the overdrives though.