pedalboard help

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ned, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Ned

Ned Member

im applying velcro to my new pedaltrain and i was wondering if people put the sharp side or the soft side down on the pedalboard, and whichever one, did you layer the entire board with it or just snips where each pedal was...thanks!

2. Toasted

Toasted Member

I layred my entire board (all the horizontal lats) with the soft side. I put the hooked side on my pedals. I believe this to be the 'norm'.

3. danny60

danny60 Member

Most of the used pedals I've bought have the sharp side on them.

4. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

Put the sharp side on the pedal. This way if you want to just take a pedal or two of to go to a rehearsal it will stick to the carpeting.

5. hbentley

hbentley Member

i also put the soft side down on my pedaltrain (as it seemed the norm) and it's worked just fine. but the soft side seems to collect more dust and crap the sharp side which makes your board look dirty. purely cosmetic, but something to consider if you're a neat freak.

6. kaseri

kaseri Member

Best bet is to use 3M "Dual Lock"

7. olectric

olectric Supporting Member

For Velcro and other hook-and-loop material, loop goes on the board, hook goes on the pedals.

My Pedaltrain came with a batch of bad velcro. I called John Chandler, and he sent another batch, hand-picked in three days. Great guy!

8. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I didn't like Dual-lock, because the two sides have to be pretty much in line...you can't get it to work if one is a little angled (which I find I need to do once in a while)...

9. dbx

dbx Supporting Member

Make sure you clean off the surface of the pedaltrain and the effect with alcohol or naptha before you attach the velcro...it will give the adhesive a better chance of staying on longer...

:)

10. msp

msp Member

yeah yeah

shut up and play

sorry, I had to do it

I put the softside on my pedaltrain

as mentioned befor it seems the most logical if you need to take a pedal elsewhere .....you could allways find a welcome mat to use as a pedalboard....or just stick it down on the carpet infront of ya