Pedalboard ideas

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ecbluesman54, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

I am looking to put together a pedalboard of roughly 28x16. I am just looking for ideas as to what I should include. Right now I am thinking of the following ideas:

Teese Wah
    Tuner
    Fulltone fat boost
    Lovepedal Eternity
    Lovepedal Vibe
    Fulltone Mini Dejavibe
    Zendrive
    Tremolo (unsure which one)
    Good reverb pedal (my amps dont have reverb)

Of course the order isn't set. What am I overlooking?
    Thanks for the help.

2. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Tough without knowing how you're running your amps etc but..

1) OVERDRIVE/BOOST
    The Eternity and Zendrive although different tonally have a bit in common in terms of gain and compression. You already have a good clean boost too. I'd suggest adding something like a TIM/Timmy, Red Snapper or similar which excels at a less compressed, slightly grainier low gain tone.

2) TREMOLO
    So many good ones are available depending on the complexity and footprint and what style of trem tones you are after. I have a Cusack Tap-A-Whirl which is very nice sounding and flexible. I was also really impressed with the Dr Scientist Tremolessence for a smaller footprint reasonably priced trem with a lot of wave/tonal options.

3) REVERB
    I don't tend to use live because the rooms we play in are often a bit washy already. I add a touch of delay to solos and textural parts & run dry the rest of the time leaving it to the sound guy to interpret the 'space' through the front of house mix. I'm sure someone else will chip in with some good 'verb recommendations.

3. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Thanks I do have a Red Snapper. I have always like the Zendrive as a lead tone.
    As far as music, it is a cover band doing everything from Classis rock + punk, to modren pop rock songs.
    My main amps are a Bad Cat Panther, and a Matchless SC-30. Guitar is mostly a Les Paul

4. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Sorry...I amended my post a bit after reading your signature with the guitars/amps listed.

You don't find a bit too much overlap with the Zen and the Eternity?

If it were me I'd swap one out and press the Snapper into service... although having had both a Snapper and the Timmy I did find the Timmy even more unique as a power amp style low gain drive.

5. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Thanks I forgot that I do want to run a Delay. I currently use an Analogman DD-3, but I am looking into other delays at the moment. Thanks for all your sggestions. I appreciate them. Plenty to think about. BTW here is what I am sorting through for a board, and a lot of the left overs may be sold. Some of the pics overlap a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

It's $400, but that overdrive pedal that Tag posted a demo of was teh sweetness

7. 250k

250k Member

I've been fairly impressed with the Line 6 verbzilla pedal. When you hear it by itself you might not absolutely love it but in the mix of a band in a live room, it's pretty unbeatable for the price and size.

8. jcoggins7

jcoggins7 Member

I'd agree that the Verbzilla is killer for the price and options. I have one. While in the past, I haven't used it much (didn't have enough power supplies), I'm really liking how it sounds live with just a touch of reverb on there for my more country/bluesy sounding stuff. Funny, I bought it for the cave setting, but I find delay is better for that ambient sound. I'd love to see how it stacks up to the Nova Reverb though...