Pedalboard noise caused by tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jorgear, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Jorgear

Jorgear Member

I got a lot of noise coming from my pedalboard when all my pedals are engaged, as well as my tuner which i thought was supposed to mute everything. No noise when everything is off. Could it be that my tuner is broken, or is it supposed to make this noise? I've checked the required mA on each pedal and i am sure every pedal gets the power that is required
    My setup:
    Guitar -> Boss tu-3 -> EHX POG2 -> T-rex mudhoney -> Boss od-3 -> EHX holy grail max -> Tc electronic flashback -> Amp
    All of them powered by a Fueltank Chameleon

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

That sometimes happens - the flickering LED's (especially in high brightness mode) cause noise further down the line. Any overdrive/distortion pedals turned on later in the chain will of course make things even worse. The first thing to check is the power. I know you said all pedals are getting enough power, but are they isolated from each other? Specifically the TU-3 - it may need to have its own separate output, which obviously also means no daisy chaining from its second power jack. The quick test is to unplug it from the power supply and run it from a battery - if that makes things quiet (or quieter), you know that an isolated power source might help.