Pedalboard offerings that come with hard or soft case

satisphied

I'm only a couple years into my GAS addiction, and suprisingly it seems like options are very limited when it comes to pedalboards outside of the big manufcaturers (pedaltrain) that come with a fitting case. I purchased a pedaltrain pt-2 about a year ago, and didn't realize I wouldn't care for the square shape and the increased elevation they put on their new lineup.

So I am probably going to put it up for sale, I never even used the velcro provided because I knew it wasn't a good fit. Not sure if I need a flat board, or just one that isn't so tall at the top that I nearly lose my balance trying to hit a pedal. I plan on getting a switcher and that would help, but it isn't wide enough to have a 2-3 wah type pedals.

I've found a few smaller 'boutique' offerings that look great, one especially by V-boutique - a company introduced to me on TGP that makes great, affordable cabs and used to be contracted to make the cabs for two rock and other builders.

Here are their boards - http://v-boutique-guitar-cabinets.myshopify.com/collections/pedalboards

I own one of their 1x12 vumble cabs and love it; I would have already purchased one of their boards except they don't come with a case! I am sure most of you can agree this is paramount for a gigging guitarist. I wouldn't even know where to look to try and find some generic bag or case that fit their or other manufacturers boards that don't come with one.

All that useless info being said: Tell me of some brands/offerings of pedalboards that come with a fitted or softshell case - preferably not $200-$300 too. I never understood how pieces of aluminum command such a price point..

Last edited:
You could build your own flat board, and then get either a Mono or Gator case to go with it. Just make sure you adhere to their bag sizes.

Broomz

Have you considered getting two of the flat pedaltrains? I hear ya on the elevation of the new ones, I recently got an older Jr on eBay cause I wanted the lower height. But I think two nano+ would be as good or better, especially if you can spread them in front of you. Also the Metro line is flat and gives you more depth, if that helps. (Sorry to have no ideas to offer outside of the Pedaltrain box!)

satisphied

Blackbird

OSP Cases

Blackbird looks like they make some very cool stuff. This is the type of response I am looking for.
Have you considered getting two of the flat pedaltrains? I hear ya on the elevation of the new ones, I recently got an older Jr on eBay cause I wanted the lower height. But I think two nano+ would be as good or better, especially if you can spread them in front of you. Also the Metro line is flat and gives you more depth, if that helps. (Sorry to have no ideas to offer outside of the Pedaltrain box!)

I have not considered that but it's definitely worth thinking about! The metro line is the very wide ones right? I would say its too big, but at this rate..

ummohyeah

My girlfriend just got me a new pedalboard from Ruach out of Northern Ireland. Shipping took two days to the USA. Crazy.

https://www.ruach-music.com/products/pedalboards/

Pretty impressed. I like that the sizes they offer are a bit different than the standard PT-Jr, PT-2, or PT-3 sizes you see everywhere.

Only comes with a soft case though but I'm not worried about that as I won't ever be a touring musician.

Broomz

The metro line is the very wide ones right? I would say its too big, but at this rate..
The metro line is wider (8"), but not enough for a second row of regular pedals. But it's probably good for timelines and such? Or to fit a wah, or "mini-wah"? Don't know. My volume pedal is 10", so that wouldn't fit. Also the longest one is 24"compared to 20" on the nano+.

teefus

i down-sized from a temple audio board and ended up with a holeyboard amp top model. you can get a softcase for all of the holeyboards, iirc. pretty reasonably priced too.

TJontheRoad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
Temple Audio stuff is very nice with soft case

s-l300.jpg

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
NYC can get you any custom size you want in a flat, and you can get a tier in the back if needed. Most reasonable prices for a hard case I can find, with very extensive researching!

sleewell

I would just buy a whatever size pedal train you need and make sure to get the hard case. try to get it used if you can, save some money with no real downside.

tylerpond05

+1 on the NYC pedalboard suggestion. Have had mine for 10 years. I had to recarpet the velcro board as i bought it when they had cheaper material, but looks better than ever now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom