Pedalboard power source

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Nick-O, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Nick-O

Nick-O Member

I am accumulating a long row of wall warts for my board, mostly because the majority of my pedals have manufacturers who insist on using their dedicated supplies for optimum performance. I can understand that, but this is starting to look pretty messy.
    I do have some power suckers though, so I am well aware Snark chains aren't the solution.
    Pedals:
    TU-2 * Vertex Boost * Zendrive * Kingsely Jester * Ethos 30w amp * Strymon Mobius * T-rex Replica * HOF

Not a lot of pedals, but four feel the need for a good deal of juice. I will add a volume pedal in the next month as well, but that hasn't happened yet.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks

2. don carney

don carney Silver Supporting Member

There are many threads on this. Just hit pedal board power supply under search.

3. Nick-O

Nick-O Member

I did that, and ended up more confused than I started. I apologize for the repeat thread. I am sure I can find some advise somewhere.
    Cheers

4. JRC4558Dude

JRC4558Dude Member

5. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Member

TU-2, a daisy chain, and a One Spot - I've been using my TU-2 for the past eight years to power four to five other pedals with no problem!!

6. jordane93

jordane93 Member

7. jsboswell

jsboswell Supporting Member

Do yourself a favor... skip the search. Go straight to the Cioks website and find the model that fits your needs with a little room for expansion.

8. tnjazz

tnjazz Supporting Member

Sounds like a Pedal Power ISO-5 would do the trick most effectively. You'd just need to daisy chain a few pedals together off one tap to accommodate it all.

9. Nick-O

Nick-O Member

I did look at the CIOKS but was not sure if that was overkill. The tuner, HOF and Boost should be fine on a daisy chain. I was more concerned with the amp with is 24 volt, the Kingsley which obviously has a tube but I don't know the draw, I know the Strymon has a strong draw and not sure on the T-Rex.
    That is why I ended up scratching my head.

10. thkh

thkh Member

ISO-5 can't power OP's board

@ OP

From what I've found online

Replica 12v needs 113mA
    Kingsley 12v needs 500mA
    Mobius 9v needs 300mA
    Ethos 24v unsure about the current draw.

Chart the power requirements and look for the best PSU to power your board.

11. Nick-O

Nick-O Member

I know Rob does not want the Ethos on anything but the supply he has. I can live with that, the Kinglsey needs 500 and that was where it was messing with me.
    That was good of you to check the draws, I just got finished doing the same.

12. Nick-O

Nick-O Member

wow...I have been in touch with manufacturers and suppliers and can't get the same answer twice. Guess I will stick with the strip. what a colossal waste of time.

13. thkh

thkh Member

Yikes.. Sorry to hear about that.

Anyhoo, I think the Cioks Powerfactor 2 can power most of your pedals.

1) Replica plug to output 4 (switch to 12v)
    2) Kingsley use an adapter to combine mA for outputs 7 & 8.
    3) Mobius connect to output 5 (switch to 9v)

That leaves you 3 available power outputs for the remaining pedals. You'll have to split one output for 2 pedals (boost & zendrive) others connected to the remaining output. Ethos using it's own adapter.

http://cioks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=87

CIOKS cable names are a little confusing..

14. Nick-O

Nick-O Member

That is impressive. I appreciate the information. I am amazed that this was the place to get it right, and I thank you for that!
    Happy :)

15. Madsen

Madsen Member

16. thkh

thkh Member

You're welcome. Should you decide to go with what I suggested, you'll have to dig further which additional cables to get (doubler cable, splitter, etc) I'm not really familiar with their cable names. I use a Voodoo Lab PSU.