Pedalboard Power supply, Timebender etc

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ak301, Feb 19, 2015.

1. ak301

ak301 Member

I'm putting together a new pedal board and need to sort powering the things on it.

The pedals going on the board are:
    2x GigRig Loopy2's
    1x Boss PW-10 Wah
    1x Dod FX-80 Compressor
    1x Boss Line Selector
    1x Digitech Timebender

I'm also gonna get a TC Polytune and the TC Vibe they're releasing in June, and maybe add a few other things later like OD pedals or a TC chorus

Most of it's pretty straightforward but the Timebender's pretty power hungry, I've looked at other threads and Cioks stuff seems highly rated but which one(s) would I need?

What else is out there. I'm not looking to get the best money can buy as I'm only playing in a band that gigs every now and then, but I do want a decent power unit that'll get the job done

Oh and it'll have to fit underneath a PT2

Any ideas?

2. Fastonebaz

Fastonebaz Member

Voodoo lab power 4x4. No contest. I use this and it's perfect.

3. ak301

ak301 Member

4. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

Voodoo Labs 4x4 is the best option for up to 8 pedals. IF you need 9-12, get a Voodoo Labs Mondo.

5. Timmay!

Timmay! Member

I don't know what the power requirements are for all those pedals, but it might be worth checking out the T-Rex Goliath.

6. Tom Von Kramm

Tom Von Kramm Vendor

Depending on when the Timebender was made, it may be both AC/DC which helps with the single PSU. It still draws a lot of mA though so make sure you give it enough juice.

7. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

Like DigiTechRep said, you need to figure out what the Timebender needs. If it's the 9vAC model (it's written on the pedal, right by the power jack), you can't use any of the supplies suggested this far. If it is the later 9vDC model, you'd need to run both the 400mA outputs on the Voodoo Lab 4x4 (use a current doubler cable). The pedal uses about 800mA (if my calculator is to be trusted).

Assuming the Timebender is the 9vAC model, you'd need to look at the Cioks AC Rider Link. You could then combine that with a Big John Link or DC5 as your pedalboard grows.

8. ak301

ak301 Member

The Timebender is the 9VAC one, was hoping I could get away with one power source but doesn't sound like it.

Thanks for the the replies guys

9. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

The AC Rider Link would give you the 9vAC output you need, plus two 9vDC, 200mA sections to power more pedals. With the setup you have, you're probably going to need more than that (the Remote Loopy uses 100mA on its own, with both loops on). That's where the second Cioks Link supply comes in - you link them together, so they act as one supply, but you get to choose which ones to link.

Alternately, a Cioks AC10 would work on its own. You'd use output 9 for the Timebender, and then you'd have plenty to grow into. Outputs 1-2 are 9vDC, 100mA each. Outputs 3-4 are 9/12vDC, 200mA each, while output 5 provides 600mA at 9vDC. That should suffice for you, even if you go on a spending spree. For instance, the two Remote Loopys could share output 3 or 4, which leaves plenty of room for GAS :)

10. ak301

ak301 Member

Thanks! :beer