pedalboard power

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ezcomes, Jan 21, 2015.

1. ezcomes

ezcomes Member

I'm rebuilding my pedal board to allow for some additions and subtractions...

currently, i use a one-spot that plugs into a "snake" that goes to my pedal board...the snake is a guitar cable, along with a cable taped to it carrying the dc power from the one spot...to a conditioner pedal i built based on a Beavis audio design...

i did this as a way to keep an extension cord off the stage, and AC power away from the guitar cable so that no interference would jump into my guitar sound...

i see lots of people that just run an extension cord up to their pedal board along side their guitar cable...

i don't know if i should continue along the lines i am already working on...or...indulge in an extension cord for the pedal board and tape it up to my guitar cable...

thoughts?
    what do you all do?

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

Extension cords are just fine, but don't tape it up with the guitar cable. That can definitely induce noise into the signal, and while simply moving the power and signal cables an inch or two apart would probably solve such an issue, that's not an option if you've taped them together.

3. ezcomes

ezcomes Member

Thx man!

Im afraid of tripping over cables...thats why ive taped the other together...since its currently carrying DC...im not worried about it getting into the sound

Just wondering if the grass truly is greener on the other side