Pedalboard Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jeremy A, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Jeremy A

Jeremy A Member

Hey everyone! So thanks to TGP, lots of research, and TONS of trying out different guitars/amps/pedals, my rig is almost complete. I'm running a USA Standard Strat w/ Fralin BS pups into a T1M EBVPJr (Turbo Tuner)>Diamond Comp>Timmy>Nova Delay>Strymon BSR>Fender Blues Jr (hopefully to be replaced by a Morgan RCA35 in the near future!). I'm using a Pedaltrain PT-JR. All I have room for is 1 more pedal and, as I'm sure you noticed, I can defintely use an overdrive pedal. Everything else is awesome and fits my needs perfectly. I have been set on getting a G2D Cream Tone, but I just got the idea of getting a Klon. How would the Klon>Timmy combo be? I love warmth and midrange which I'm sure you have realized by now. A tubescreamer would be perfect for this, but if I get a Klon and set my amp pretty hot and crank the mids (on the Morgan) then I can have a TS'ish base tone, and then use a Klon and my Timmy for overdrives. It seems like a good idea and very unique as it would be "my tone" shining through. So what do you guys think? Get a TS type pedal (like the G2D CT) or get a Klon? And I'm open for any other suggestions of course. I play mostly worship music, which is why a TS would be great, but I have no desire to copy anyone's tone. I want to find my own tone that I like. Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help!

2. Jeremy A

Jeremy A Member

Anyone have any suggestions?

3. Bman20

Bman20 Supporting Member

klons are awesome, not $1,000 awesome, but great nonetheless. However, they shine at being a boost. Yea the overdrive is good, but their boost function is what has made it a classic pedal. U having a timmy already can cover this, u just need an od. Im a worship player as well, ive been through countless overdrives, the one that ive kept since ive had it is the lovepedal kalamazoo. Its just great. Highly recommend it for ur application, u can boost it w/the timmy.

4. Jeremy A

Jeremy A Member

Cool thanks man I'll check it out. The Maxon OD-820 looks pretty cool too. Anyone know about that one? I read somewhere that it's a mix of a TS and Klon. Is that true?

5. Shiny_Beast

Shiny_Beast Member

:rotflmao

6. Jeremy A

Jeremy A Member

Haha ya almost. If I got anymore then just one pedal then I'd have to get a whole new, bigger pedalboard, which is just not possible right now. So my current rig is almost complete. I might have a different rig in the future.