Pedalboard Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DeadCell, Mar 7, 2015.

1. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

Up until now, I haven't had the use for a pedalboard because I'd only use 2 or 3 at a time (or I was running a POD HD500).

Well, I've outgrown the POD. Between selling off some gear and working a lot of OT lately, the wife is being more than supportive of me buying some new pedals. However, keep in mind that I'm not buying a pedalboard immediately. I told my wife that I'd like one for my birthday, which is coming up next month.

So, that being said, here's what I have:
    - Boss CH-1
    - EHX Soul Food
    - Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon

Recently ordered pedals, which should be here any day now:
    - Red Panda Context
    - Hungry Robot Moby Dick

Possible purchases in the near future:
    - MemoryMan Express / Ditto
    - Digitech Trio

That all being said, I want a good quality board that's going to be accomodating to my pedals (plus 1 or 2 more, just in case I want to add in some other oddball effects here or there). My first thought was a Pedaltrain 2, but I don't really know much about pedalboards and thought there may be some other great contenders.

Also, power supply is currently a One-Spot but I have considered going to Pedal Power at some point.

Thoughts?

2. ashbournemelody

ashbournemelody Member

Aclam are an alternative to pedaltrain and are modular meaning you can always expand if you need. I've had both and personally prefer Aclam but that's just me.

3. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

Never heard of them, but sounds cool. I'll check them out.

4. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

Pedaltrain 2 would be awesome, and I would pair it with a "Pedal Power" brand power supply. Those two would be awesome together and would provide you with years of gigging reliability.

5. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

Yeah, the One-Spot is great for home and studio use, but it'd be nice to have something more reliable once we start gigging. Sadly, that may take some time. Our band has two guitarists (myself and another guy) and well.... that's it. I can play drums and bass, but not well enough to call myself a "bassist" or "drummer" haha. Our current drummer goes by the name of "EZdrummer 2" lol.

In light of the new delay and reverb pedals, I'm going to have to work hard at selling my idea of some ambient/atmostpheric stuff to my bandmate. He's a heavy metal/thrash guy, so that's another task ;)

6. ashbournemelody

ashbournemelody Member

7. jordane93

jordane93 Member

A PT-2 will work. Definitely upgrade to an isolated power supply when you get the chance. It cuts down the noise significantly.