Pedalboard solutions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cerebralpaul, Feb 23, 2008.

1. cerebralpaul

cerebralpaul Member

OK so I'm pretty happy with my pedals and cables but it's time to get down to the real nitty-gritty... I want:

1. a loop for my entire pedal chain so that
    A. my straight-to-amp tone is as clean as possible
    B. I can switch on/off a group of effects with one stomp

2. a loop for my tuner so it's not in my signal chain at all

3. a parallel mixer for my delay pedal

4. an a/b both switch to go to two amps. I'd prefer to have one switch dedicated to each amp instead of having "both" and "or" switches.

Ideally this entire thing would be one box, yes I know it's a tall order... so I'll probably end up with at least two boxes. I'm thinking that there will need to be buffering for the parallel mixer and a/b functions? Recommendations/suggestions welcome!

2. CiceroTJones

CiceroTJones Member

I would call LoopMaster, they do custom orders. I bet they've heard crazy stuff like that before. It wouldn't be that hard really... it would be huge, though.

3. cerebralpaul

cerebralpaul Member

Thanks, I took a quick look and didn't see any parallel mixers or buffers in any of their products though, just basic loops and switching.

4. cerebralpaul

cerebralpaul Member

Well it shoudn't be THAT big, just five footswitches and maybe a knob for the mixer- certainly smaller than much of the stuff on loopmaster's site.

5. nnajar

nnajar Member

lyle caldwell at psionic audio can build exactly that. essentially it would be a combination of a few of his products- the triad, the lavaflow and a loopswitcher. he can do the buffering and everything else and keep it as small as possible while giving you what you've asked for. www.psionicaudio.com .

email him and tell him what you want and he'll come up with a solution. His stuff is built impeccably. he kind of took over my guitar rig. I started with a mixer from him for my rack effects and then got an overdrive pedal and now he's since designed and built me a great amp head and a custom rack patchbay. the highest quality workmanship you'll ever find and a good guy to boot.

N