Pedalboard Wired/Wireless Switch?

jcpatte2

So, I plan on assembling a new pedalboard to match my Egnater Tweaker and it needs to be custom-sized to match the dimensions of the cabinet base (for an all-in-one road case).

My question is as follows:

I share one wireless unit for both acoustic and electric, utilizing both the Main Output and Aux/Tuner Output of a Line 6 G30, to feed the two separate loops of a T1M Ac/El loop switcher. I'd also like to have the flexibility of plugging directly into the board for situations where wireless is not necessary (church) or unreliable.

Any ideas how to wire this, install a switch, channel switcher, etc. to accomplish what I'm going for here? Preferably I'd bottom mount the wireless unit but have a top mounted switch of some sort to toggle between wired/wireless. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Don't know how it's done, but I know the guys at Helweg have a system where the wireless is automatically bypassed if you plug a cable into the input. With under-mounted wireless units.

jcpatte2

That would be awesome and ideal. I'll look into that. Thanks for the reply!

Anybody else know how to do exactly this.

jrocguitars

I had T1M make me a box with two ins and two outs, about the size of a phase90. The input is selected by a toggle and the output is selected by a standard stompswitch.
Input 1: from wireless receiver under my board
Input 2: from standard 1/4" to the input jack on the side of my pedalboard
Output 1: to main looper/bypass strip
Output 2: to tuner

I have two LEDs showing which output is selected. No LED for the input as I can see that based on the toggle position.

chip46

I ran a G50 under my board for the longest time, but for practice it was more practical to just plug in, so I made an A/B box that sat on top of the board. It's very minimal parts count if you're handy with a soldering iron, and A/B schematics are plentiful.

Just put the input from the wireless and the main output on the left, and the cable input on the right.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
I had T1M make me a box with two ins and two outs, about the size of a phase90. The input is selected by a toggle and the output is selected by a standard stompswitch.
Input 1: from wireless receiver under my board
Input 2: from standard 1/4" to the input jack on the side of my pedalboard
Output 1: to main looper/bypass strip
Output 2: to tuner

I have two LEDs showing which output is selected. No LED for the input as I can see that based on the toggle position.
I would get T1M to make you junction box. I am sure he can make you an A/B to C box where the wireless pack is always plugged in to the B jack, and your board is routed out of the C jack, and then you could either have a stomp switch on it to switch between the A/B or you could it setup so it always passes the signal from the wireless pack unless you plug into the A jack. So if you plug in it overrides the wireless.

This1smyne (T1M) has made me a couple different jumper boxes and they always deliver the goods. Right now my jumper box has an FX loop option that is disabled unless you plug into it. No need for switches. If I plug into the FX loop jacks it routes properly for FX loop, if I don't plug into those jacks its is properly configured for everything out in front of the amp!

-Coup

jcpatte2

Now, that's ticket! I already need T1M to build me a custom AC/EL pedal (possibly with the option for Wet/Dry/Wet, I'm crazy I know) for stereo operation so I could also talk to him bout a plugin relay for the wireless. I also really like the fx loop option you mention where you can run in front or through your amps loop. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MattAnt

Silver Supporting Member
Isn't it just as easy to unplug the cable coming from the wireless and plug in your lead? That's what I do :dunno

jcpatte2

I wanna have my wireless mounted underneath the board and not have to open up the bottom panel all the time.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
Now, that's ticket! I already need T1M to build me a custom AC/EL pedal (possibly with the option for Wet/Dry/Wet, I'm crazy I know) for stereo operation so I could also talk to him bout a plugin relay for the wireless. I also really like the fx loop option you mention where you can run in front or through your amps loop. Thanks.

This is how I would go for sure...

Trending Topics