Pedalboards of the stars collection...TGP version

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markom89, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

With the clearly visible mid-hump....

2. Sid

Sid Member

opeth actually uses the BOSS GT -6/8 and the distortion of their laneys...thats it...:D

3. Taller

Taller Member

Anywhere is everywhere and nowhere is nothing.
    e-mail sent to your profile address.

4. Crunchyriff

Crunchyriff Member

Tell ya what- I went from a DMC Ground Control/GCX Looper based sys that had the following pieces it controlled:

Quadraverb
    Roland SDE3000 Digital Delay
    Roland RSP550
    Boss SD-1
    Fulldrive II
    Maxon 808
    Amps of choice

Recently I Picked up the G-System this last spring, and now use it with just the OD Boxes, and a 535Q Wah; with my amps of choice. This simple rig I will be using on tour.

The tone is to die for. T.C. Electronics hit this one clean out of the park. Game OVER.

5. Ablaze

Ablaze Member

Anyone has a photo of Roine Stolt's pedalboard?
    To my amazement Roine has never been mentioned on this forum... (According to the searchfunction anyway)

6. Frethog

Frethog Member

Johnny A as of last year:

[​IMG]

7. stompbox

stompbox Member

Howie Day (All info from http://www.hdaee.org/)

just for vocals:

[​IMG]

for guitar:

[​IMG]

guitar (stage left)
    vocal (stage right)

[​IMG]

guitar (stage left)
    vocal (stage right)

boss tu-2 pedal tuner - (1): a chromatic tuner which when pressed will enable the tuner and cut the soud to the pa system.
    boss oc-2 octave pedal - (4): this pedal allows for notes to be played one or two octaves lower. while pressed it gives the impression of a bass guitar.
    boss dd-3 delay pedal - (5): when pressed, the pedal will produce an assortment of delays depending on the users settings. this pedal is the previous version of the dd-5 used on the vocals side.
    line6 dl4 sampler - (8): holds the ability to create user defined delays and a up to 28 seconds of sampling time.
    timex digital timer - (10): use not definately known yet. (picture below)
    e-bow - (11): this device fits around a finger on your right hand and is placed over any string on the guitar. it creates a magnetic field around the string, which vibrates it at a very high speed to create a unique sustained sound. this effect can be heard in ghost during the intro.

boss dd-5 delay pedal - (2): when pressed, the pedal will produce an assortment of delays depending on the users settings. this pedal howie uses two of these for his vocals.
    boss fs-5u footswitch - (3): this pedal changes delay time on the fly by stepping to the tempo you want. it extends off of the dd-5 delay pedal.
    boss tr-2 tremolo pedal - (6): creates a tremolo effect which vibrates howie's voice. the sound is somewhat like a wah pedal.
    boss ge-7 eq pedal - (7): used to produce a sound with user specified high, mid, and low levels.
    line6 dl4 sampler - (8): holds the ability to create user defined delays and a up to 28 seconds of sampling time.
    behringer mx602a mixer - (9): used so that howie has the ability to use guitar effects on his vocals. it boosts the level so that the voice is audible over the pa system.

guitar connection path
    vocal connection path
    takamine esf40c -->
    boss tu-2 tuner -->
    boss oc-2 octave -->
    line6 dl-4 -->
    boss dd-3 digital delay -->
    direct box -->
    board feed (1/4")

shure sm-58 -->
    behringer mx602a (line 1) -->
    behringer mx602a (main out left (mono)) -->
    boss ge-7 equalizer -->
    boss tr-2 tremolo -->
    boss dd-5 digital delay w/ fs-5u -->
    line6 dl-4 -->
    boss dd-5 digital delay -->
    direct box -->
    board feed (xlr)

8. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Lot of stuff on that website, but not one clip of music?...unless I'm overlooking it.

Greg

9. stompbox

stompbox Member

That is just a fansite. This is the artists official site: http://www.howieday.com/

10. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Ah yes...thanks. :)

11. aldurham

aldurham Member

12. cyb3rvampire

cyb3rvampire Member

Thats why RHCP sucked so bad while he was with them.

Can someone repost scofields board? It never showed up. Corgans board/racks are crazy!! but if that was from the 2000 tour the sounds he got on Machina were insane.

13. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

Wow, I think I spot a SexDrive up there! How awesome. Still can't turn mine off, it sounds good with everything.

14. bduguay

bduguay Member

Hey Al, Colin Cripps is a friend of mine and he told me the whole story about how he helped getting that Sex Drive added to that rig. Congrats!
    B.

15. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Alan, congrats on getting the Sex Drive into one of the most recognizable rigs in history. It is an awesome pedal!!! I guess you saw the pic of Marc Ford's pedalboard a few pages back with the SD alongside some other goodies.

16. aldurham

aldurham Member

Yeah, Colin is a great friend. Half the battle of getting ANYBODY, much less the Edge, using your stuff is getting them turned on to it.

17. bduguay

bduguay Member

No kidding!
    I tried that one before Colin gave it to the Edge and let me tell you, I was really turned on by your Sex Drive!....... wow, that didn't come out right now did it?
    It's going to be my next purchase for sure. Do you need any work done around the house Al? Painting? Window cleaning? Lawn mowing? Anything?
    B.

18. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

A couple of changes to Greg V's board.

Timmy makes an appearance!

[​IMG]

19. theanalogfuture

theanalogfuture Member

20. echoplexchris

echoplexchris Supporting Member

Neil Young's rig/pedalboard. He's got all kinds of goodies built in there, plus his custom "Whizzer" which turns the knobs on top of his Deluxe amp via preset buttons on the pedalboad.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.