pedalgeek.com

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by David-R, Mar 1, 2006.

1. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

With all of the discussion going on about MusicToyz, I thought I'd let you guys know that I've received very good service from www.pedalgeek.com. (No - I'm not affiliated with them in any way).

I've purchased at least 4 pedals from them (2 Barbers and 2 Xotics that I can remember). Stock status on the website has been accurate and shipping has been immediate. I returned one pedal because I didn't like it and the return transaction was very smooth with a prompt credit issued to my credit card even though I neglected to include my original receipt in the return box. Email communications have been very good and they answered the phone quickly the one time I called them.

2. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

+1

I always buy from pedalgeek.com without a second thought. Stock seems to be accurately listed, and the owner is helpful and fast.

As for Toyz, well, I just expect everything to be out of stock unless I check first. Can't say I've been mistreated. *shrug*

3. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

Pedalgeek was my vendor of choice, until I discovered Tone Factor. I went from "good" to "great!"

Of course, I never had a problem with the Geek. I bought at least seven pedals from them between 2002 and 2004. Can't say a bad word about them at all. They even sent me three free t-shirts!

4. Sparky6string

Sparky6string Member

I bought a Barber BUEQ from Pedalgeek not too long ago and got a free Tshirt also. Everything went smoothly. Spoke to the owner on the phone a few times and he was very helpful. I highly reccomend them.

5. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Dan is a great guy, I've bought quite a few things from him over the years, some very high end stuff and some not so high end stuff, and I've had really promt and informative service for all my purchases/e-mails.

I've never had a problem with Teddy either though... I use pedal geek more often just because Dan carries more of what I'm looking for, but if Teddy has something Dan doesn't, I'm Music Toyz all the way:D

-TJK

6. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

I live on LOng Island and went to the pedal geek showroom. Holy friggin stompbox Batman. Way cool Dude, way cool inventory.

7. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

likewise on pedalgeek.com, I got my Diamond ML from them and they went the xtra mile to get it to me before I left on a trip.

jc

8. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

+1 again to Pedalgeek!
    Dan knows how to run a show over there... never had an issue, and he's always been quick to respond to any needs.

-Ben

9. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

+ 1 good dealings with me to:dude

10. Madsman

Madsman Member

Just bought my Memory Lane through them. Smooth transaction. Good peeps.

11. stratasaurus

stratasaurus Member

+1 for me too. Had a good experience with Pedalgeek.com, including an exchange transaction.

Also just made my first order through Tonefactor which should arrive in a day or two. Good experience there so far and free shipping to Canada - :dude

12. Lution

Lution Member

+1 also on Dan and Pedalgeek.

Bought a Barb EQ from him and got it two days later. :cool:

13. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

+1 on Pedalgeek - I have bought about half a dozen pedals from the site in the last year and every transaction has been without flaw. Very quick shipping also - and the t-shirt is way cool!:AOK

14. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

good service and nice guy at pedal geek

highly recommended!

15. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

+1 Bought a pedal from them, got it out to me on time.

16. playon

playon Supporting Member

Tone Factor has been great for me, really excellent service.

17. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

Great tips guys. I have dealt with Unkle Slam and it went VERY well. I will keep the others in mind.

18. blrogers

blrogers Member

they have been quick and enjoyable every time i have used them. if they have it i buy it from them.

brad at tonefactor is great as well.

b

19. Gary Ladd

Gary Ladd Member

Awesome guy, awesome store!

After MusicToyz pissed me off, I switched over and haven't been treated like a sucker since...

:BEER

20. 6AM

6AM Supporting Member

PedalGeeks was the site I alluded to in my MT thread, where I ordered a different, comparable pedal. Unfortunately, it was a poor substitution for what I wanted and had to send it back. Strangely, there was no instruction manual included (not sure if it came with one), so I worry about easy the return will go. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. :(