Pedals and Covid

Joe Manganese

No gigs here, and it's cold and windy. Today I felt a bit depressed so I said to myself Hey Joe, you ought to take care of yourself and love you!
I placed one hand on my hearth, one hand on my wallet, and bought a Source Audio Ventris.

I really did not need another pedal, and i feel guilty. Actually i said to my female home manager that i sold one pedal.

Does this happen to you as well?

Scott SG

Remember
Silver Supporting Member
No gigs here, and it's cold and windy. Today I felt a bit depressed so I said to myself Hey Joe, you ought to take care of yourself and love you!
I placed one hand on my hearth, one hand on my wallet, and bought a Source Audio Ventris.

I really did not need another pedal, and i feel guilty. Actually i said to my female home manager that i sold one pedal.

What was it that led you to pick the Source Audio Ventris?
Nothing wrong with picking it - just curious.

Are you going to explore reverb?
Are you hoping to add something to your signal that you don't already have?
Do you already have experience with reverb and so you know exactly how it will fit in?

majorledhead

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't been using pedal 90% of the time and I still want to buy another one or two. Gotta be the COVID, and pedals may be a cure.....Or It's them damn pedal review videos on youtube.

Joe Manganese

What was it that led you to pick the Source Audio Ventris?
Nothing wrong with picking it - just curious.

Are you going to explore reverb?
Are you hoping to add something to your signal that you don't already have?
Do you already have experience with reverb and so you know exactly how it will fit in?
I love reverbs, already owning Neunaber, TC, Strymon Bigsky and Hardwire . This one will replace Neunaber on the acoustic pedalboard. Maybe. I don't know really, but it will be fun to play with during this neverending locked down winter.

jaxjaxon

I can save money fairly good. So if I want a new Pedal I can have the money saved in one or two months. I bought a Source Audio King Maker two months ago. And I have money saved for gear if that is what I want to spend it on.

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
I did well for a couple of years of not buying more than a small handful of pedals. This year I went nuts. I can't say wether it was due to covid or just spending more time in this sub.

Gemini2

I’ve bought more pedals last year and the first part of this year than I did the past 5 years. But it was not covid related. Covid and the restrictions cause me to think about selling ALL of my gear.

Phisherman

Lol. Female home manager...my wife’s gonna hate me referring to her as that from now on.

Steve Y.

I’ve done my share of retail therapy over the past ten months, including a multitude of effects pedals. You’ll be happy with the Ventris, I believe.

I R P

It happens, man. Stress, work, life, the news, bills, f*cking cancer, you name it.

If buying a pedal makes you feel better, more power to ya.

And if my wife wants to buy whatever the female equivalent of a Ventris is and not tell me about it, I'm cool with that too.

Trending Topics