• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pedals in fron of Vox Tonelab

Acrobat

I would like that anyone with experience would share his opinions on putting pedals in front of the Vox Tonelab multieffects unit.

I ask because I'm not sure if the cash would be well spent that way. I'm specifically interested in putting some overdrives and distortion pedals (and maybe a Digitech Whammy), and that way, I could use the Vox Wah emulation of the Tonelab.

Is the quality worth it? Thanks in advance ;)

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
My xotic BB sounds GREAT before the Tonelab!

Acrobat

It's good to hear that, as the BB is one of the pedals I intended to use too. Do you run it in the insert loop of the Tonelab, or just in fron of it?

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Since I got my Z, my Tonelab is semi-retired.

I tried it in both places, thought it worked just a teeny bit better in front of the amp than in the loop, but other pedals worked well in the loop.

hamfist

WHen I used to own a Tonelab SE, it works superbly with dirt pedals in front of it. From what I remember, it didn't matter whether they were in the loop, or just directly in front of the unit (I think it would be the same point in the signal chain whichever way you did it - but the loop is obviously switchable on/off for different patches, which may be useful).

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
The Maxon CP101 in front of my Tonelab made all the difference ..
Check the Youtube in my Sig ...

Trending Topics