• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Pedals like keeley caverns v2

SubApathy

Silver Supporting Member
I love my Caverns v2! You have the option to separately turn on/off the delay and reverb trails. It's also available in a different colorway (Gold Standard) on Reverb, which is limited.

HomeInMyShoes

I've got a Wampler Ethereal. I like it a lot, but not as much as my Adineko which is similar in having reverb mixed in with delay, but that is a very different thing.

TTHX

Oooooh! I haven't tinkered with this one yet. Yay!!! Now I have homework. Good tones??

Sean
Would love to hear what your thoughts would be. For me the Dispatch Master can go darker and more mellow for a sound that can sit "under" the guitar signal which is more suited for me when it comes to an "always on" reverb. I like the availability of more warmth when it comes to reverbs in general. The Dispatch Master definitely isn't as versatile but the sweep of tones just all sound good imo.
I think the Caverns sounds great, but it's definitely more of a shimmery/brighter flavour of verb that I don't use very often. I think more low/end in the sweep for the warmth knob and longer delay time in a V3 would be absolutely killer.

Keeley Customer Service

Platinum Supporting Member
Would love to hear what your thoughts would be. For me the Dispatch Master can go darker and more mellow for a sound that can sit "under" the guitar signal which is more suited for me when it comes to an "always on" reverb. I like the availability of more warmth when it comes to reverbs in general. The Dispatch Master definitely isn't as versatile but the sweep of tones just all sound good imo.
I think the Caverns sounds great, but it's definitely more of a shimmery/brighter flavour of verb that I don't use very often. I think more low/end in the sweep for the warmth knob and longer delay time in a V3 would be absolutely killer.

Nice, I will have to give it a listen soon! I know the FV1 platform used in the Caverns takes a ton of filtering to not sound brittle and I will bring it up for sure. A Caverns V3 does have a nice ring to it tho! HAHAHA

Spider Mark

Fender Reflecting Pool replaced the EQD Dispatch Master that had been Always On for 3 years. The Avalanche Run could not.

DM into Ghost Echo intrigues ...

dhdfoster

Silver Supporting Member
Coldcraft used to make a pedal like this with a great feature none of the others seem to have. With a switch inside, you can set the reverb to always be on. This way, you can turn just the delay on and off with the switch. It had an analog dry path, as well. I think it was discontinued a few years ago, and I never owned one. It seemed to be a bit of ahead of its time considering the current popularity of similar pedals.

Spider Mark

This way, you can turn just the delay on and off with the switch.
The Fender Reflecting Pool has a footswitch for Reverb and/or Delay. Either can be on or off.

I often turn the Delay off and use a Strymon Volante into the Reverb side. Or get both Delays happening for Ambient.

Trending Topics