Pedals or Multieffects ...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dubravac, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Dubravac

Dubravac Member

I know it's a personal opinion, everyone has something they like .. but i'd just like to hear some comments and opinions to help me decide what i want to do. I have the opportunity to get anything from TC Electronics at half the price brand new (through a family member). At first i was looking at just grabbing the HOF, Polytune and Flashback, but i'm also now considering the Nova System or the G System ... it's either or for me, not both. I like the convenience of everything on one board, but i do believe the sound is better out of the single pedal. I don't like the OD sounds from the Nova (probably would never use them), but i love the fact that is has the Harmonizer (or pitch shifter as it's called) ... which i need for gigs, also available with the G System. I also find the G System very tough to use.

Help me make a decision lol ..

2. Dubravac

Dubravac Member

I also believe that if i buy the individual pedals, with the money i save i can get an Eventide Pitchfactor which would suit my harmonizer needs.

3. nl128

nl128 Silver Supporting Member

I dont have experience with everything mention but I can say that the flash back is a awesome delay pedal. definitely the best of its size category. One good thing I did read about the G-System is it has 3 loopers built in so you can add your own stomp boxes and use the G-systems board.

4. Rockerduck

Rockerduck Member

I use a Boss ME-70 for my smaller gigs. I use a pedal board for larger gigs. Both have advantages and weakness's. I can carry my DRRI, guitar, and ME-70 in one trip. Add the Marshall half stack, guitar, pedal board, gig bag, that equals two or more, even if I use a combo.

5. d3nzi0

d3nzi0 Member

Same situation with Rockerduck - for smaller gigs I have a board with a MFX along with a dirt pedal and for larger gigs I use a board with individual pedals. I've tweaked them as such that I can pretty much get the same sounds on either setup.

It's more a convenience thing for me than anything else..

6. SteveO

SteveO Member

I use a G-System with a few pedals in the loops, so my answer would be "yes". :)