Pedals: Stock, modded or boutique?

SMcKinley

In my opinion, people appear to be in one camp or the other. It seems to boil down to that the mass produced pedals (ex. BOSS, Ibanez et al) benefit greatly from being modded and can be made into top quality pedals while boutique ones have a higher build quality and price but do very well what they're designed for (ex. Visual Sound Route 66).

Are most of your pedals stock, modded or boutique?

Last edited:

JesterR

Boutique, becuase most of them has it's own sound, and I do not interested in buying pedal, then modded it then listen how it would be. I prefer thing, that I can use right out the box, and which is designed right.

dwolfggc

If you have the time and the inclination then DIY is the way to go. Boutique quality at Boss used prices.

Edit: realized I never answered the question. I have 10 pedals including an external tap pedal. 2 are boutique, 3 are DIY, and 5 are stock

Between all the stock mass produced and boutique pedals, I see no reason to buy and mod a pedal...
I have more mass produced than boutique though

steelerboy329

Boutique for me as well, BUT most of mine are clones of Big Muffs soooo...
Anyways, a Timmy, a soon to be Memory Lane Jr. and 6 pedals from SUF is what I have so far. I'm only looking to add more muffs now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom