• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Pedals that are instruments to themselves

Billy Idle

Well you know how some pedals come to be a natural extension of your guitar. When you stom on them you almost could form a new band just for you to use it.
List all the gear that make you feel like this.

For me, it will be :
- Sovtek Big Muff Pi
- Micro Pog or Pog
- Echorec
- Les Lius or HPP for they really feel like it's an -rustic- amp and not just as simple drive pedals.

jrcjoseph

DL4. Look what Minus the bear does.

Wah. It's like a way to express your guitar even more.

Feedback, optionally paired with loopers and oscillations/infinite repeats/reverb.

Rootzzound

Fulltone MDV3 i can get any cool U-vibe sound and kinda Tremoloish tones
Wampler Tweed 57´ is to me like an amp very versatile
Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz TC the fuzz that has the whole Fuzzy Color range from 0 to Hendrix
:D
Digitech Bad Monkey is also almost amp like i love it for the price and sound and it been my first pedal :D

all my impressions ;)

Dandolin

WMD Geiger Counter. Red Panda Labs Particle. Your guitar may or may not be recognizable as a guitar to listeners, and your input will not result in the linear guitar noises you are accustomed to. And some of it will sound beautiful, even to relatively staid ears.

mcnabbanov

i've got 4 boards with like 40 or so effects between them I can hook up all at once. everything becomes and instrument of its own at that point. fun to do little jams without a guitar plugged in even, just using noise from dirts, pitch shifting, delay, reverb, modulation. can make some really cool rhythmic stuff, reverse stuff. also fun to run a drum beat from my rc-3 into all this mayhem and come out with music somehow

ZepFuzz05

Zvex Fuzz Factory
Electro Harmonix Hog
Line6 DL4
DOD DFX9 (or any "splice" based looper/infinite delay)

Cgkindler

Timeline or BigSky (and probably Mobius too)

Run a loop on the TimeLine, then have a blast messing with all the settings!!!!

I suppose I'd have to give the Line6 HD500X an honorable mention - as it has nearly endless tonal options and ease of use. Assignable Expression Pedal and about 1800 ins and outs.

Very Cool!

Mr. Limbic

My Dunlop volume pedal allows me to do any kind of swell, adjust gain, volume, and unique tremolo sounds. It is an extension of me and my foot is constantly on it. My el capistan is another. I love using the infinite foot switch, plus I use oscillations kind of like an instrument. My boss dd5 is similar, it does all sorts of cool things, and I feel like I "play" all of these gadgets more than I "stomp" them

JackStraw12

Silver Supporting Member
Analogman ARDx20 - You can really play to the repeats, musical throughout the knob ranges.

Black Cat Vibe - Really set the throb by your playing dynamics. So versatile.

MogwaiBoy

Feedback loopers
Caroline Wave Cannon with 'Havoc' switch or any pedal
Zvex Wah Probe or any theremin style pedals
+ the EHX Freeze is basically a drone instrument

Trending Topics

Top Bottom