Pedals that replicate amp circuits

Qstick333

I was watching a JHS video (clearly plenty of sales in the video) and was intrigued by the idea that his TwinTwelve pedal is an exact re-creation of the Silvertone 1484 amp. he said he uses biased FET's instead of Tubes, but otherwise it's the same circuit. I love the idea and I'm curious what else is out there that does the same thing?

What other pedals do you know of that are amp circuits?

TheReplicant

Catalinbread’s Foundation Overdrives are all amp emulations
Formula 5 and 55: Tweed Deluxe
Formula 5f6: Tweed Bassman
Sabbra Cadabra: Dallas
Rangemaster into Laney
Supergroup
Dirty Little Secret: Marshall DSL
SFT: Ampeg SVT
Galileo: Dallas Rangemaster into
AC30
CB30: AC30
RAH: Hiwatt

stucker

I've been surprised by how well my Prince of Tone replicates a small amp, especially for recording. The secret for me is turning up the Gain pretty high (~4:00). Then, I back my guitar volume off 50% to 70% of full, depending on the pickups. This gives me great natural compression and sustain (without losing too much pick definition) just like a small amp at high volume.

flpul

Silver Supporting Member
EAE has the Model feT as killer Sunn T emulation with both channels, and he has the surveyor as Intersound IVP.

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
It’s an intriguing idea sure, and some of them sound good. But I can’t help but wonder what all that replication gets you when you stick it into a tube amp and run it through all of it’s gain stages and eq stack. Also, most of these pedals are marketed as a kind of amp in a box. But let’s take a second and imagine let’s say the “Blackface” sound in our heads. Now let’s picture what that comes out of. It’s an entire chain of stages from the input to the speaker. That includes the the interactions of all those components. Do the pedals account for this? Okay, let’s assume they do. Now I have to wonder what all that sounds like injected into any number of amps with their different speakers and configurations. It seems like it could be a mess

Trending Topics