• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Pedals That You Feel Ashamed To Like

Billy Idle

I bought a Mooer Ana echo last week, just to give it a try in a band context.
This is so unTGP but I'll have to admit that I told myself :"Well, this little thing sounds good for the bucks and for a spare use". But at the same time, I kinda felt upset because it perfectly fits the mood of a song of mine.
Damn, I have to keep it...
:anon

You guys surely like some unTGP pedals in you rig and kinda feel sorry to use it. :phones

Fastermouse

Joyo analog delay. I love my Wampler stuff but this cheap little pedal sounds great. (When they work. I've seen several failures.)

most of my board makes me cringe because it's so tgp-approved. the only thing that keeps me sane is my stock sd-1.

Rockerduck

No shame in liking a tone. Bad Monkey, Dano Tuna melt,Behringer echo machine, etc.. Don't worry about it.

lhama

Dont feel ashamed about liking something good. If it sounds good, it is good.

I feel more ashamed, when I try out something hyped, and find out is very plain. Waste of time, imo.

AlienInvader

Why would anyone feel ashamed of a pedal/tone they like? Great tone comes in all prices, sizes and categories.

Funky54

Ibanez ph 5 sound tank $40 pedal.

It's an exact circuit of a ibanez pt-9 I have both, other than TB with the pt-9 pro, no difference.

I keep it around as a spare.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I experience no shame on my pedalboard, but based on all the totally credible eyewitness accounts, I'm waiting for my Bugera V55HD to spontaneously burst into flames. Nothing yet though. Just kick ass tone and a nice clean playground for my pedals to play. OK, fine, the sheer ugliness of my Cool Cat Tremolo brings me a little shame, but dang does it sound good!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
I feel just a tinge of shame with my $30 Eno DR-1S Rat clone, given that the real thing is so inexpensive. However, when I consider that the Eno has the LM308 and a Turbo switch that the original doesn't and that I'm in Turbo mode almost exclusively, I get over my shame very quickly.

Serenity

Why feel shame about something that works for you. If i went by what was cool TGP gear i'd have to get rid of over half my rig. I have solid state amps, no boutique pedals, and i LOVE IT!

RockManDan

Mooer makes good stuff that really betrays the price point/ Chinese origin. I have a re-echo and it is fabulous. A key part of my sound. I layer it with a dd-20 and it adds just the right amount of space. I have 4 mooer pedals on my board.

VHS analog

_c500301_image_0.jpg

Zoom G1. I rely on it more than I care to admit. Paid $25 used.

Last edited:

Top Bottom