• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

pedals with budda superdrive

guitarnut

hi folks

i've been super happy with the crunch and dirt in my superdrive 18 II and haven't been using dirt pedals at all. i read somewhere though some fella described using a barber direct drive on the rhythm channel. the gain channel is great but it sounds interesting to have another flavour. cook that rhythm channel up and lay some overdrive on it maybe. anyone else using overdrive pedals with a budda? any thoughts?

cheers
kris

M@tt C

Silver Supporting Member
I've tried:

Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
Bad Monkey
Fatboost
Box of Rock

The Fulldrive sounded the best, but none of them sounded as good as the drive channel of my SD 30 II. The pedals sounded, well, like pedals. They just didn't have the depth compared to the amp's drive.

However, my Addrock Germanuim fuzz sounds amazing on the clean channel.

guitarnut

interesting - thanks matt - appreciate your thoughts there. i had a gut feeling that was probably the case and thats why i've not bothered - the driuve channel really is great i just wanted to see if anyone used another crunch pedal almost like a third channel. its totally not essential but i guess i kinda feel like buying something : )

oh - i must confess i do have a hbe germania and a monsterpiece npn that both sound stunning on the clean channel too. fuzz it up!

uke

Almost all pedals sound great with the Budda, I've tried OCDs, a blues devil, a Barber DDSS, and a Bad Monkey. They all sound good, the Bad Monkey sounds awesome with a Budda Wah.

guitarnut

I use a Maxon OD820 on the Budda SDs and it sounds incredible. Budda amps don't need pedals, but this pedal in particular - oh man does it sound good. I had a Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet and an Emma Reezafratzitz hooked up to one with nice results, however, my OD820 was the stopping point. Not need to try anything else.
oh cool - do you use it on the 'clean' channel just to give it a bit of sparkle / crunch?

oien

I agree on the TIM.. and the OCD v4 sounds really great too!
However, I'm using a Alnico Blue speaker in my Superdrive 18 II..

AnthonyL

Gold Supporting Member
Xotic BB, Fulltone Fulldrive, Lovepedal Eternity all sound great with my SD30. I tend to use the them on the drive channel the most.

Trending Topics