Pedaltrain 1 - Why no softcase option?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by timmy2tone, Mar 2, 2012.

1. timmy2tone

timmy2tone Member

Am I looking in the wrong place? Every larger size PT board seems to have the HC or SC option, but not the PT1 .... In the words of my 4-year old ..... why? :confused:

2. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

IIRC, Guitar Center asked Pedaltrain to build a board and hardcase, but something that wasn't as expensive as their normal ATA hardcases. The result was the PT-1. The board is just fine, but the hardcase is a piece of crap. If you use it, it won't last 3 months.

The PT-2 is 2 inches longer than the PT-1, that's the only difference. If you want a PT-1 softcase, just buy a PT-2 softcase. If nothing else, you can space your pedals out a little, and I guarantee somewhere down the road you'll be thankful for those extra 2 inches (yes, I know, TWSS)

3. timmy2tone

timmy2tone Member

I guess an extra two inches is always a good thing! LOL Thanks for the info! :facepalm