Pedaltrain 2 vs Pedaltrain Classic 2...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Drewthemusical, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Drewthemusical

Drewthemusical Member

Pedaltrain users, I'm getting a new board. I can get a brand new Classic 2 w/Tour case, or a new old stock Pedaltrain 2 with the old hard case. Is there any advantage in spending the extra cash for the Classic? As I understand, the Classic has an open back panel and about an inch of extra clearance for power supplies, and the original has portholes in the back. I don't know if the new tour case has any advantages over the old one, either. We're talking a difference in price of $30 here. So what do you think? Spring for the Classic? Or save $30? Let me know...

2. Drewthemusical

Drewthemusical Member

Correction, $40 difference. Also, should I invest in dual lock instead of the included velcro, or is the difference not worth it?

3. Drewthemusical

Drewthemusical Member

4. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

I think the newer version is worth it for the open back. That way you can position multiple power supplies if you need to. You can also put your ps anywhere you want and not worry about the iec meeting up with the hole in the back.

The pedaltrain Velcro is ok. I prefer real Velcro (and it's only like $20). The pedaltrain stuff has a lip on the edge of each strip that I don't love.

5. Drewthemusical

Drewthemusical Member

Right on. The port holes in the old version are a bit silly to me. The open back design on the classic is probably the most attractive thing about it to me. Thanks for the input, man!

6. Rockerduck

Rockerduck Member

I don't know why Pedaltrain calls them classic's either. They are an inch taller and wider, minus the port holes on front. So, they are a different sized pedalboard from the original PT2.

7. Drewthemusical

Drewthemusical Member

Oh wow, I had no idea that the Classic was wider. Thanks for pointing this out, man!

8. 00JETT

00JETT Member

The classic 2 is not wider than the older pt-2 only taller. Both are 24 inches wide, but the new one is taller. I prefer the older one just cause its a bit lower profile, but if you need multiple mounting options than the new one is hard to beat.