1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pedaltrain accessorizing? Whatcha got?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Soothsayer, May 31, 2010.

1. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul)

Found this in the Manufacturers emporium and think its a great solution. Anyone else make pedaltrain accessories?
    [​IMG]

2. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul)

3. dancehall

dancehall Member

I don't get the point of that at all. So the bottom of your wah won't get dirty, or something? :messedup

4. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul)

:bonk Do you own a pedaltrain? Its perfect for a Jr, wahs take up a ton of space and this would allow you to drop it off on the side and save space.

5. más_fuerte

más_fuerte Supporting Member

I can see the point but I'm not a big fan of the Pedal Pal.

6. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Or, you could put it on the floor.

7. grozeil

grozeil Member

I too don"t understand the utility of such a plate...

8. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

For me, a wah is an essential. If I'm going to have a pedalboard, the wah is going to own real estate on it.

Now, it it were for a pedal that I didn't use all the time, like a talk box, I could see the benefit of having a device like the Pedal Pal. It could be on or off as needed.

9. Chadley

Chadley Supporting Member

:facepalm

10. voojo

voojo Silver Supporting Member

Seems like a good idea for an occasional Wah/Fuzz user. You could take it to gigs as needed. I'd rather have that than the wah just hanging around free on stage.

11. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Member

If you had to move your board back and forth across the room multiple times a day or from room to room etc. you would definitely understand the utility of this accessory. I don't like having to disconnect my Wah, Volume, Roto or Whammy (which until now resided on the floor) to move my board. With the Pedal Pal everything stays connected.

Keeping the above mentioned pedals on my board is out of the question considering the amount of real estate they take up and that having them elevated so high is a very uncomfortable and unnatural position.... Kinda puts you in that "Captain Morgan" stance.

Sure, some may prefer to keep their over-sized pedals on the floor, that's fine. Some may not see the point in pedal boards at all since you can keep all of your pedals on the floor. I for one can't stand looking at my gear sitting in dusty carpet.

Recently, I've seen members that would rather use a piece of plywood as their board who probably think buying a $120 Pedaltrain is ridiculous to begin with but some of us like the luxury and will choose it over utility.

The Pedal Pal is simply an OPTION to add a little more room to your board and tighten things up.

I love mine. It does exactly what it was intended for.

12. FLYING V 83

FLYING V 83 Gibson Geezer Silver Supporting Member

my homemade "accesory" is a 10" long piece of 1"x2" wood painted black, with appropriate velcro on both sides to create a riser for my 2nd row on my PT Pro.
    Next to that is a Bogg's 5-Loooper controlling all pedals on the 3rd row.

18 pedals (including a Crybaby) and a 5-Loooper on top.
    PP2+, DC Brick & One Spot all mounted underneath with a 6-outlet strip too.
    All GL wires with unplated brass connectors. No noise issues anywhere I play.
    I do, however, run an ISP Decimator that's always on.

13. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Member

VINTAGE: You get a free one.

Send me your info along with the color, single or double wide and left or right side.

14. DeaconBlues

DeaconBlues Member

Now, that's what I call vendor/MFG respnse!

15. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I can see its usefulness for a home player, but how would you take that thing to the gig? It is not going to fit in the PT roadcase or bag and the accessory makes it larger and more difficult to put into a gig bag.
    I find my wah fits perfectly between my PT Jr. board and the inside of the hard case. There is just enough room and nothing moves around. Then, I just put it on the floor next to my board at the gig. That thing would create more problems than it solves for me.

16. TheMatthewDGomez

TheMatthewDGomez Member

Man, Vintage beat me to it!!!! Saw this yesterday and thought it was a fantastic idea... perfect idea! way to go!

17. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Member

The sigle wide actually fits perfectly in the front pocket of the gig bag and the double wide fits inside the main bag compartment just fine. But I agree that it is better suited for home or the practice studio..... Ever see how much beer gets spilled on the floor at practice? :rotflmao

18. LVC

LVC Senior Member

already commented on this on the Manufacturer's section.

I think this is a great idea. I occasionally use a wah -- but I also see this as a nice place to put your amp channel switch box and other things (besides a wah) that you either do not have room for on the board or do not want to put on the board.

In any event -- I like things to be nice and tidy --- this little unit will certainly help keep things neat around my board.

This is great for the small PT -- Jr especially --- I am wondering if this will work with a mini?

19. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Member

Not for a mini..... yet.

next month.

Oh, and there is a handle set coming too. ;)

20. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

Someone's thinkin.
    It's a pretty good add on, what's the price???????? I didn't see it mentioned.