Pedaltrain and PP2+

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Geosh, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

Ok, I am looking at getting a PT-2 and have a Voodoo Lab PP2+ already. I have 3 pedals that require higher current outputs so I have been using outputs 5 and 6 for 2 of them and the AC outlet on the Pedal Power to plug in another AC adapter for the 3rd. On the Pedaltrain though, it pretty much blocks access to the accessory plug on the back of the unit. Does anyone have any elegant solutions? I don't want to have to plug in 2 cords to my board and I don't see any way to use the AC outlet on the PP2 with it mounted under the board like it is.

2. wenbinbin2010

wenbinbin2010 Member

Wait for the new Voodoo Labs 4x4 power supply?

3. justonwo

justonwo Member

What is the overall current load of the three high current pedals? Each of the outputs for 5 and 6 will deliver 250 mA. It is possible to use a splitter on one of them to power two pedals.

When talking to the folks at Empress about powering my Superdelay, they suggested the power rating on outputs 5 and 6 is really total combined. In other words, if you don't use all 250 mA on output 5, the leftover amperage can be diverted to output 6. You'd just have to try it, I guess. I would avoid using the aux power for a wall wart as they tend to induce noise that close to your effects. By the way, the latest Pedaltrain 2 should have a hole for the aux power. It just doesn't accommodate much other than a slim 2 prong.