pedaltrain (are they good boards)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by austratman23, Sep 1, 2008.

1. austratman23

austratman23 Supporting Member

I am about to buy a pedaltrain pro and I just wanted to hear some pros and cons if you currently own one.

Thanks!

2. pedalfreek

pedalfreek Member

I love my pedal train, no complaints at all....

3. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

They are big, this means when loaded they are heavy. If you get the hard case it alone with the board is near 50lbs. Personally I'd stay away from a pro because of that.

4. pitner

pitner Member

I have a big one with the padded case and it does the job and was easy to load with room on the underside for power supplies etc.

5. sevenflatfive

sevenflatfive Member

It's great. .

Only con is that it's heavy as hell once you load it up.

Maybe that's all pedal boards though.

6. DanJep

DanJep Member

If you get the pro and are concerned about weight, get the hard case it's the only one with wheels.

Like the other guys, the only drawback I've found (I've owned all three) is that they are heavy.

7. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

The Pro was stupid big. My wife used to giggle every time I almost herniated myself going to local gigs. I tried it for a while with a gig bag, but it's a lot of stress on the bag once the weight of the loaded board gets in there and swung around too often. I think you'd even be better off getting a couple of PT Jr's, and then you'd have the luxury of an easier gear schlep, and an easier place to put two PP2+ units.

BUT, I think you could send those boards to war and they'd come back without a scratch. They're simple and beautiful in design.

8. ducmike

ducmike Silver Supporting Member

As far as quality, I don't think you have to worry about that. They're very well made. The new generation gigbags (PP2 mount era) are much better than the old ones.

Any large board is going to be heavy, I don't see the PT Pro being at a disadvantage in comparison to big boards. My Furman board was heavier unloaded than my PT jr is loaded. 2 jr's would be easier to haul than 1 Pro, or any board that size.

9. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Silver Supporting Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    Exactly. I had the biggest NYCPedalBoards board and it was very heavy. I have the PT Pro. The size is great. I'd suggest getting the hard case with your original purchase. There are plenty of people who will trade you + cash for your case if you want to get the soft case down the road.

10. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

I have no use for a board as big as a Pro but I'm happy with the 2 and Jr that I have

11. Tripower455

Tripower455 Member

I've got 2 PT2s... They are great boards......

12. donkers

donkers Member

I just ordered a PT jr. i'm pretty excited for it to come this week.

13. medwards1969

medwards1969 Member

Can you mount a PP2+ underneath the junior now without having to do custom work? The Junior is what I am planning to force on myself size-wize.

14. Thor

Thor Member

Love my PP Pro (for bass rig) - yeah it's a big boy, but still manageable. Will problable be going to a 2 PP2 set up for guitar.

Tough, easy to set up. The only thing is that I suggest picking up better quality velcro from Home Depot/Lowes as the stuff provided is kinda weak.

Cheers,

EDward

15. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

Yep

16. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

I really like pedaltrain boards, I have both a 2 and a Jr but I'd second what others have said-the Pro in a case is HUGE and heavy!

Looking at what's in your signature I'd figure you'd go close to fitting everything on a "2". Also the pedaltrain cases are generous, so you could fit your volume pedal in the case seperately & run it to the side of the board if it became a tight squeeze. You'd be carrying a much smaller case.

Here's what I have on a Pedaltrain 2 for a visual reference.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  17. oneshoeoffmusic

oneshoeoffmusic Member

I have a 2 right now, but just ordered a pro as well. I love the 2, but needed more space. the pro will be freakin huge, but I'd rather have a pedaltrain or showcase board rather than anything else.