Pedaltrain board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by relaxandreflect, Mar 19, 2008.

1. relaxandreflect

relaxandreflect Member

I am trying to decide between the soft or hard cover. For the hard cover, is there a way to remove the top so you could leave the board in the case and use the other piece as a distcover when pedals are not in use?

Also, would there be a good way to switch power on and off if I have a Pedalpower 2?

2. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

The hard case is designed so you lift the board out of the case; there's no good way to leave it in and use it.

Just pull the plug on the PP2 and you're good to go. There's no switch or anything.

Here's the Pedaltrain I've got wired up at the moment:
    [​IMG]

3. relaxandreflect

relaxandreflect Member

Also, would I be better to go with the Coffin Case SK-110? Are they any good?

4. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I have an ac strip attached to the bottom of my PT-pro. Just switch it off when not in use. Kinda awkward that i have to lift it and reach underneath, but its no big deal to me.

Also i went with the softcase because of portability/weight. My amp weights 80 lbs....

5. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

I have a PT Pro with soft case, and I'm unsure of its durability...if you're going to be traveling a lot, I would either get the hard case or find a way to reinforce it. There are a couple of reasons I prefer the Pedaltrain though: it makes wiring much easier (with all the holes to wire stuff under the board), the newer ones have a PP2+ mount which frees up a lot of space on top, and they're very reasonably priced. I haven't checked out the hard cases yet, but I really wish the soft ones were a bit sturdier...

6. RDM

RDM Senior Member

I just bought a PT-2 with a hard case. It's so worth it. A bit on the heavy side....but an awesome way to protect my investments.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago....more about the durability about the bag. I'm glad I went with the case.

7. relaxandreflect

relaxandreflect Member

I think I am down to the PT-2 or the gigman from nycpedalboards.

It looks like the case for the PT-2 would be sturdier, I would get it faster, and would be able to run the cables underneath. Only problem is I would need a custom cover for when not in use.

The NYC pedal boards would be maybe 1-2 lbs lighter with the case, and I could just take the cover on and off when needed.

Any advice or things I am missing?

8. Daniel B.

Daniel B. Member

I just bought the PT2 with the hard case and I am very pleased with it. I figure, do it right the first time, so I went with the hardcase. Think about how much money you put into your pedals. That's alot of money that needs good protection. Don't know if you're looking at patch cables, but I decided on lava cables and I think they are the best solderless cables.