PedalTrain Customer Service--WOW!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mercury25, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Mercury25

Mercury25 Member

I know there are a lot of great products and companies on this board, but I wanted to share my customer service experience with John @ PedalTrain:

I have a PT2HC and PTJRSC which are about 1 1/2 years old.
    This weekend one of the plastic feet came off the bottom of the softcase--and it is impossible to re-attach it.

I emailed John and explained the situation and to get info about buying a new case.
    He replied: "Give me your address and I'll send you a new one with a call tag so you can return the old one. Sorry for the inconvenience."

DONE--no questions asked, nothing else to say.

What a great company!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Silver Supporting Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    That's good to hear but I wish they'd make it easier to upgrade from the soft case to a hard case for the PT-Pro and PT2. I called PT and they suggested contacting one of their retailers. The Hard case sells for 5/6 of the price of buying a new PT-Pro with hard case.

3. CWFurst

CWFurst Member

Yup. John is a class act!

4. josh27

josh27 Member

I have heard excellent stories about his customer service

5. rockster12

rockster12 Supporting Member

I have dealt with John on several occasions as well as refered some of my friends to him. He treats everyone like they are his best customer. Not only does he make the best value pedalboard on the market but he is also top shelf in customer service. Not to mention a real nice guy.

6. Mercury25

Mercury25 Member

Yeah. But you know what ,that is the going price for ATA cases with butterfly latches, etc.

FWIW, I priced out a Pelican www.pelican.com case for my PT-Jr. and it costs $30 more than the PT case through Jakeddy here on TGP...

7. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

John is a great guy. I had issues with the PedalTrain soft case (zippers broke), he had mentioned that they were redesigning them and if I checked back in with him, he'd send out a new one free of charge. Sure enough, a few months later, I had touched bases with him and he had sent one out to me and it was much better than the older one.

Anybody who runs a business like that deserves my respect, way to go John!

8. eternally found

eternally found Supporting Member

These are good to know things, as I now have more confidence in buying a PT2 in the near future!!

9. uga1

uga1 Member

They are great at Pedaltrain. I had an issue that I called about and I was offering to pay for it myself, but they said that they would take care of it at their cost. Everything was done just as they said in about 2 days. Excellent service.

10. Yossi

Yossi Member

I happen to like the pedaltrain design a whole lot.
    My wires and cable are attached from underneath the boxes. It looks so much nicer than when there is a "Quagwire" (my word) on top.
    It seems sturdy so, hopefully there won't be an issue, but if there is one, it's great to know that they have real customer service.

11. Dad_of_Two

Dad_of_Two Member

For sure.....the folks over at Pedaltrain are great.

I was investigating power supply manufacturers and was very close to buying a Burkey Flatline Pro but I wasn't sure if it would fit under the
    PT-Pro I was set on buying.

I called PT and asked about their experiences etc. and they saved me a HUGE issue by simply telling my that it would NOT fit based on the height of both units and the angle of the pedalboard.

The point is that I didn't have to wait weeks to get an answer (a live person took my phonecall) and I got accurate information that saved me a bundle of cash and big hassles I just don't need.

Way to go PT!