• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pedaltrain - how to mount besides velcro?

strumminsix

Got a great deal on a used PT board and curious how y'all mount when you don't use velcro. A first I was afraid of ruining the board by using straps and screwing down but now seriously considering this.

On it will be: M13 + Tech21 Blonde + DI box with room for a wah that I will mount with velcro.

Thanks!!!

cedjazz

Is there a reason you can't buy some velcro? besides, you can change your pedals with no hassel. Just my 2 cents.

strumminsix

cedjazz, I'm sure you are being helpful but I really just want alternatives. I don't want this to turn into 20 threads of why velcro is the preferred solution. I know it is. I know it's never failed anyone after a million gigs. And it has resale value, etc...

But I'll answer ya! This is not going to be an evolving board - that is my rack. This is a grab and go board for when I cannot bring a rack or when going direct. I do not like having a pedal like an M13 velcro'd... My wah, conversely will be velcro'd since it will be shared between the 2 setups.

Csapo

Double Platinum Member
When I got my PT board, I made the mistake of using the velcro which was included. Pedals kept falling off, so I decided to keep the existing velcro and anchor the pedals with zip ties. It looked like crap and scratched the hell out of my pedals.

I've since changed out the PT velcro for industrial and have not looked back.

Zip ties for the DI and Blonde. Maybe you could drill some holes throught the PT and use machine screws to secure the M13?

Sounds like a great compact rig!

VA_siCkBoy

Silver Supporting Member
When I got my PT board, I made the mistake of using the velcro which was included. Pedals kept falling off, so I decided to keep the existing velcro and anchor the pedals with zip ties. It looked like crap and scratched the hell out of my pedals.

I've since changed out the PT velcro for industrial and have not looked back.
I also noticed that my pedals don't stay put with the included velcro. I thought it was just me.

strumminsix

I know what you are saying Csapo! Made the same mistake many years ago! Now use some 3M industrial type velcro on everything I need it for and it has worked wonders. Oh that and a putty knife to separate the pedals from the board! HA!

bbrunskill, now we are talkin'! I have no less than 20 zip-ties in my rack rig for cabling, etc and didn't think about it for the DI box! Nice! My thought for the M13 was to use strapping like this:

Maybe even for the Blonde too if the pedal's bottom plate screws lined up with the holes if not I was considering bike chain links for the 4 screw holes!

Keep the ideas coming, please!

screamtone

Silver Supporting Member
3M Dual Lock
This is my new board. I'm using Velcro right now, but I don't trust it at all with the M13. I plan to swap it out with dual lock. ASAP. Same goes for the two zip-ties holding the M13 wall wart underneath the board.

Trending Topics