Pedaltrain Jr size - Why I love it and hate it at the same time!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lespaulnmarshall, May 2, 2018.

1. d-rock

d-rock Member

I use a board that is essentially the same size of the PT Jr. I have a rule that I won't go bigger and it keeps me in check.

Last week I placed my wah outside of the board and broke my rule. I couldn't deal and quickly rearranged after a day. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Supporting Member

lespaulnmarshall likes this.
  3. Ben Sp

Ben Sp Member

Anyone know of other boards that are the exact same dimensions, but with cable slots instead of the slats?

The PT’s slats aren’t favorable to mini pedals. I think with more surface area for pedals I could get more stuff on there and position them better. And if it is the same dimensions as the junior, I could use the same hard case

4. skiltrip

skiltrip Member

Thread resurrection time. I have the legacy JR. Tiny bit smaller than the current Classic. But same reason I keep it around. I like to say it keeps me honest. Honest about what I need. It's big enough to provide options but small enough to avoid option paralysis from being a factor. Currently looking like this... the empty spot up top will soon be filled by a Flint.

joealba and brs928 like this.
  5. Slideman

Slideman Member

Temple Boards has one the DUO 17 - fits right in my Jr. Hardcase too.

6. orogeny

orogeny Member

I have a PT1 with a hard case - NOT a TOUR case.
    It's the ultimate for me.

jamester likes this.
  7. beastly

beastly Member

Went through this once too, my nano+ brought me more joy than my pt-pro. And it’s infinitely easier to gig/haul/troubleshoot. And it makes me REALLY think about what I need to have. And I haven’t gone back.

big-ez likes this.
  8. Killshakes

Killshakes Member

I’ve been sticking to a PT mini for a while, which REALLY makes you choose your pedals carefully.

chadmo1 likes this.
  9. 2Plus2isChicken

2Plus2isChicken Member

I have the older style PT-JR and it's really my favorite board. I can fit just the right amount of pedals on it. My GigRig G2 just won't work with it.

I'm thinking about reconfiguring the PT-JR so it has one of my Quilter amps and 6-7 pedals. I think I can fit that much on it, and I can do it so I get some really nice sounds in a small package.

johann likes this.
  10. chadmo1

chadmo1 Member

I've been limiting myself to Nano+ sized boards for a while now. I have 3 or 4 of them, but only use 1 at a time :D

big-ez and NHBluesMan like this.
  11. zhivago

zhivago Member

In the past 12 months, I tried getting away from my v1 PT Jr...you see, I also have a v1 PT1, a v1 Nano, and a Metro 16...

I didn't last more than a couple of weeks with the other boards...back to the Jr, I go! :confused::cool:

[​IMG]

12. jamester

jamester Silver Supporting Member

Funny, I have to eat my words...I've gone back down to the Classic Jr!

I still think the PT-1 is a great size, I just don't need that many pedals nowadays. But when I see some of these PT Jr boards all cramped and overloaded, I think the PT-1 would be so much more comfortable...

13. woof*

woof* Member

Pt jr for 10 yrs. I needed another inch in width and got the classic jr...after three months I think I’m going back the the old one.
    I do the the pt jr is the perfect size

14. deepcove17

deepcove17 Supporting Member

My main board is a Pedaltrain Pro. I recently started putting a Pedaltrain jr together as a second grab and god small unit. Perfect size and very managable with the soft case and shoulder strap. Also powering it with the Volto 3 which is nice not dealing with AC power.

15. lefort_1

lefort_1 Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt Gold Supporting Member

<shakes self>
    This feels so odd.
    I must have walked into the Inn of the Whited Sepulchre.
    Pedalholics, busy extolling the virtues of a shot glass
    claiming they've got less of a problem
    all the while shuttling more and more bourbon thru their diminutive dram.

Look at the way the minis are being threaded around a Memory Man, or Strymon, or similar such SuperSizer
    just to fit it on a single shingle, hoping it doesn't make them look fat.
    Tighten the corset, just one more notch.
    Gottta make it fit.
    Make. It. Fit.

Carry on, gents.
    This was typed after a 1 AM cat-call.... out to go potty and get her back before the coyotes pick her off.
    Brains work in a strange way
    with sleep, interrupted.

16. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

Kindof a ‘same but different’ feeling with me in that I’m almost more satisfied with my tone and playing when I use my HX Stomp instead of my full sized Helix. Something freeing about being limited in what you have to work with

17. C-4

C-4 Member

I love Red Bank, NJ! Florida now Europe later
    I have a Pedaltrain One, which I believe is a slightly older and larger version of the PT Jr. and it's modern equivalent.

While I have just enough room for the pedals I use, which include a volume pedal and Wah, I am thinking seriously this year of building a different board, and the effects I want will not fit on my current board unless I remove the volume and wah pedals.

I have been looking into other boards, and although I haven't purchased what I want yet, I want to get all the pedals before buying the board. What I have guestimated is if any boards will be just large enough for the pedals, but not have too much extra room left over.

I seem to be between a rock and a hard place in this regard.

18. skiltrip

skiltrip Member

i have the older Legacy JR as well. I sometimes wish for that extra inch, or even a Classic 1. I also seem to realize shortly after that I have too many pedals on there. I’m even thinking of cutting back further. Limitations really make me feel more freedom with playing. For YEARS I plugged straight into my Marshall JCM2000. Nothing in line but a tuner. Surely a JR should be plenty, and it is.

woof* likes this.
  19. jblake

jblake Member

I’ve had a PT-1 since they were first released, and even though I’ve downsized on pedals by quite a bit, I love the extra space between them. I considered going to a Jr but they are so close in size that it would be unnecessary. I could cram everything onto a Nano if I had to, but then I’d need a smaller power supply.