Pedaltrain Nano overloaded, my new project (finished!)

G22

Hi all, I'm reading this forum everyday and just subscribed this week to ask a question on lava cables. Well now I'm in, why not showing you one of the best creation I've build in my life.

Why : This mini pedalboard is a proof that you can fit big projects in small space. Why I needed so small? Because it's my vocal and acoustic pedalboard I'm bringing it in small gig when I'm alone without my band. It fits perfect near the mic stand where I can easily press the harmony button while singing.

*I also use this with my band and use the loop on the tonebone to go to my big pedalbaord with all of the effects.

Power : Voodoolab ISO-5 : Yes you can fit it under with some tricks. First you need a dremel to cut the metal and take out the cables and put the ac plug in the pedal train directly (see pictures). You will need, and this is very important otherwise it'll be really frustrating, to make the cables longer with cable and shrink tube it's perfect!
*Tonebone works perfectly on the 18v 100mah outlet on the ISO-5.
Harmony G is on the 12 volt outlet.
MXR els are on 9 volte outlet, all polarized.

How it works : In my acoustic guitar I have 3 pickups wired to 2 jack output. A fish man infinity matrix and a fish man rare earth blend. Both of them are going in the pedalboard where they are each plugged in an mxr 6 band EQ that is perfect to mix yourself your pickup on an acoustic guitar. The both of them are blended in the tonebone pz pre acoustic preamp where I à'm mixing the final EQ, where I have a boost switch for solo, where I have a loop to connect to my effects pedalboard, where I have a mute switch, where I have my tuner out.

Tuner out goes to the TC Helicon Harmony G where I get the guitar to tune in and get the note for the harmony. The Harmony G is killer, very good quality. The only bad thing is the knob that are to easy to move and it's dangerous live to **** up your settings. I'm only using 2 banks on the tc helicon. One for Slapback (Johnny Cash and old country cover) and the other for standard reverb (for new country songs like sac brown band and stuff).

* Lot of people really dislike effects on your voice so if you want to use the tc helicon, don't always use it. It's nice when only used a couple of time in a show! That's my tip!

You can see the jack outputs, those are switchcraft enclosed pc jacks for hum protection as there's no space. Again all cuts with a drill and dremel. Shrink tube is also really important for hum and contacts as there's no space.
http://www.switchcraft.com/Category.aspx?Parent=953

The MXR EQs are fit there with a dremel tool again and all of the pedals on the board have industrial strength dual lock velcro.

The foot here are necessary and been really hard to think of. I've search the whole forum and found a post here with a genius idea. Here's my version. Jack nut rivet / all ¼ 20 / where I'm using the original foot of the nano. It's really simple and really tough!

Hope my post is clear for people I could help with the nano and sorry for my english, it's not perfect as I'm from Quebec and speak french!

Thank you TGP this project would never be there without all of your post full of informations and ideas! :JAM

Last edited:

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
That is a lot of awesome in a 14"x7" package.
Did you have the whole project in mind when you started modding or did it develop as you went along?

G22

That is a lot of awesome in a 14"x7" package.
Did you have the whole project in mind when you started modding or did it develop as you went along?

I had almost all in mind when I've start and this is not really common in building pedalboards. When I'm working and changing my effects pedalboard it develops a lot while working on it. I don't have the space I think even if measured before or the inverse, a space for a new pedal :).

Well I've made a critical error on this pedalboard and here it is with pictures. At first I was thinking it was impossible to fit jacks plugs on the nano because of the space. So I've made those dangerous gigging female jacks.

10816228_10152834147986327_904582742_n.jpg

10818901_10152834147996327_114526770_n.jpg

I've been able to play one gig with lots of luck, seriously what a stupid idea. After the next jam with my band it broke! So I've think and search again and found this.

I also had in mind that the foot won't work but didn't think about it before and found the solution. I know I would have found a solution and I've found one! I always find one haha!!

I would say to answer completely your question that I had a lot in mind before doing it because it was a NEED to fit near the microphone stand to kick in my harmonies fast and easily.

thawn5150

Good job I am very impressed with your pedal board and the way you have accommadated all your pedals. Two thumbs up!

G22

This is downright dangerous:

375c9fad_l.jpeg

The cable insulation could easily wear through, making your entire pedalboard live.

I guess we can't really see well on the pictures but I've been really careful building something strong enough. I guess I could put a bigger shrink tube on the whole pack of wire.

G22

Hi all. I've done 5 gig with it and it's rock solid. Never had a single issue!

I got private message on how the feet were made. It's pretty easy but unclear on my post so here you can check out the video I've just made to help people figure it out :

Sorry for my english!

G22

Thanks man hope this thread will help people achieve the goal I had and that was to get the more for less space!

tybenz

Thanks so much for posting this. Copied your design on my board to fit a small true bypass looper/controller (called the ACEC. let's me switch between acoustic/electric on the same board. read more here http://this1smyne.com/shop/acec/).

Thanks again for the awesome video/pics! Very helpful.

Signal chain: MXR Micro Amp -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive (TS clone) -> TC Distortion -> Zoom MS 70CDR

Plan on mounting a rechargeable power supply and an always-on compressor underneath as well.

Also going to replace the TC dist with a Mooer Black Secret (or the Eno clone) and add a 2 button controller for the Zoom.

hL2ugiz.jpg

0Es7EHx.jpg

n5FIOLv.jpg

Last edited:

pepperco

Gold Supporting Member
Wow, that is some nice work.
Good hustle! Thanks for taking the time to post the details and the video. I need a new foot solution for my nano. No excuses now!

Mosley

Electric Catnip
Platinum Supporting Member
That is one amazingly well crafted board! Incredible project, thanks for sharing it!

Top Bottom