Pedaltrain pedal boosters

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Geosh, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

Anyone using the boosters for the 2nd row on their Pedaltrains? I just bought a PT2 with a couple boosters and wanted to know what people thought of them. Also, does it change how well they fit in the case? Specifically the soft case

2. nickthenail

nickthenail Member

I have to check this out. I was about to ditch my PT-2 because it is awkward tapping the back row of pedals.

3. aflynt

aflynt Member

I use them on my PT-JR and think they work well. It really helps keep your feet from messing up the settings on the bottom row knobs, and definitely makes it easier to hit the top row switches. The board fits fine in the hard case with risers. I can't comment on the soft case.

-Aaron

4. stompboy

stompboy Member

Don't know about fitting the soft case but it does make the hard case a little more snug!
    Those little things have saved my life. I'm not the most graceful person and I have size 12 (UK that is) feet. The boosters work brilliantly. They are just perfect in every way. I have the PT-2 and boosters 2 and 3. Leaves just enough room on the side for a volume or wah pedal and a tuner.
    Love em.

5. Pumpaction

Pumpaction Member

Use 'em, like 'em. No problems fitting the board in the soft case.

6. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

Got pics of your setup? I am looking to do the same thing: Top row with a triple and double booster right next to eaxh other with a Boss TU-2 on one side of the boosters and a EB-Jr volume pedal on the other.

7. MrSoGood

MrSoGood Member

I use small blocks of wood that I cut to match the base of the pedal, painted black. Cheaper and assures a perfect fit. Haven't had an issue making my pedals too tall, and they match the natural angle of the pedalboard.

tideluva likes this.
  8. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

this is what Im gonna do...NO reason to spend $15 a pedal for a booster when a $7 2x6 and a saw will do the same thing...

9. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

Well, they included mine with my pedal board and I like the fact that they change the angle of the top row.

10. whackystrings

whackystrings Member

Elevating certain pedals was a way to solve some basic pedalboard layout issues I had in the past. Using end pieces from scrap wood painted black to elevate them just seemed to make sense...just apply loop Velcro to one surface and hook Velcro to the other surface and Bob's yer Auntie. Some enterprising soul should market this and undercut the big boys' plastic lifter products.

betteriz1day likes this.
  11. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

Ok, got it. I should have used wood. Now, back to my original post since I am not going to be using wood. Anyone got some pics?

Clean Channel likes this.
  12. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Pics would be great

13. Prerequisite

Prerequisite Member

14. thesooze

thesooze Member

Been using them for a while. Though costly, they really do help getting to that back row. I don't regret buying them AT ALL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clean Channel likes this.
  15. lemmiwinks

lemmiwinks Member

Awesome. Just ordered some. :phones

16. spofftastic

spofftastic Member

The nice thing about the pedal train risers is - unlike wood or other risers - just the switch is raised, with wood or stage trix riser the control knobs are raised too so if you use a soft case it will always change your settings. The zendrive and super bee use the pedal train riser, the phase 90 uses a stage trix pedal riser. The knob on the phase 90 is always changing when I use my soft case. Hope this helps!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  17. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Supporting Member

I use one on my board:

[​IMG]

Works great for getting that LMD up high enough that I won't be as likely to accidentally bump any of the delay settings.

18. harshaw61

harshaw61 Member

Would these work on the new Metro models?

19. JMarkoz

JMarkoz Supporting Member

Home Depot and Lowes have free flooring samples that are just about the prefect size. They also sell velcro ...

20. 8len8

8len8 Member

If you do an eBay search, there's a guy who sells velcro'd blocks of wood. They work great. At about 1 inch tall they lift the pedals and still allow the case to close. You can get them in custom sizes too.