Pedaltrain Pro and the Voodoo Lab Power Plus 2 Courtesy Outlet

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by David Haq, May 24, 2015.

1. David Haq

David Haq Member

Hello,
    I'm new to the boards and I know there are similar threads as this one but none offer a solution for my specific case. I own the Pedaltrain PT PRO and I use a Voodoo Lab Power Plus 2 to power my pedals. I have the Voodoo power supply mounted underneath the Pedaltrain so that the power cord comes out the back of the pedaltrain. The issue I have is that this makes the courtesy outlet on the Voodoo power supply in accessible. The outlet is visible but I can't fit an AC adapter in that space. Are there any extension cords that anyone can recommend that would fit into space? I have searched and searched online but have not been able to find anything for sale or in any of the forums. Can anyone recommend a solution?

View attachment 1157

2. David Haq

David Haq Member

Hi Monstercastle,
    Something like that might fit. However I forget to mention that I want to find something that comes out at a 90 degree so that I can leave it plugged in when I put the board in the case.

gotammo likes this.
  3. Monstercastle

Monstercastle Supporting Member

Orientation of the cable is going to be the challenge. Most right angle plugs have the cable out at 6 o-clock. Units that swivel may be too big to fit between the rails. I have the PT-Pro too, with the Voodoo Mondo. I just unplug to fit in the case.

4. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

I went through this predicament with trying to use the outlet for my DMM. Thread is here:http://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...ch-the-extra-pp2-outlet-with-a-pt-pro.633981/

What finally worked for me was to get some lamp cord and the thinnest 2-prong lamp plug at Home Depot. The plug is small enough where uoi can bend the lamp cord and route it under the board. I would take a pic for you but the board is at practice. I tried every plug you buy that you can imagine and that was the only one that worked

5. David Haq

David Haq Member

Hi DonaldDemon,
    I did make something already but it didn't fit, none of the parts at the hardware store were small enough.
    I will try a different store to see if I can find something else.
    View attachment 1196

6. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

Yeah that's still too thick. You need this type plug: http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-Amp-125-Volt-Quick-Wire-Plug-Brown-2-Pack-54266/203728052

and some lamp wire: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwire-18-2-Lamp-Wire-Black-By-the-Foot-49910399/204724989

7. David Haq

David Haq Member

8. 100JH

100JH Member

If its only missing slightly you know can shave the connector down?

9. David Haq

David Haq Member