Pedaltrain Pro board with Voodoo Labs Pedal Plus 2 - Awkward placement of the AC out?

Hey folks, just mounted my Voodoo Labs Pedal Plus 2 to the Pedaltrain Pro and the AC outlet is really awkwardly placed, hugging the bar tightly which means most power jacks that have any sort of excessive plastic moulding around the prongs won't fit.

I am thinking of mounting a power strip underneath the board so that I can have more sockets but would need to find one where the prongs will fit with a slim profile mould.

Any of you using this set-up? Any suggestions for small form powerstrips that have slim plugs, would it be possible to shave the plastic down without any adverse risks?

This sort of slimness would be great (but smaller), preferably with a right angled plug so I can wrap the cable along the inside of the pedal train bars.

DonaldDemon

Good luck man. I searched for hours and days looking for a right angle power strip that will fit. It is a really awkward spot for the courtesy outlet to be, I really wish you could move the pp2 bracket back farther. That way you can plug something in and it will still fit in the HSC. I ended up just using a straight plug that fits between the bars but I have to unplug it when I put the board back in the case.

Good luck man. I searched for hours and days looking for a right angle power strip that will fit. It is a really awkward spot for the courtesy outlet to be, I really wish you could move the pp2 bracket back farther. That way you can plug something in and it will still fit in the HSC. I ended up just using a straight plug that fits between the bars but I have to unplug it when I put the board back in the case.
Sounds like a good fall back plan actually.

I've seen some guys use the travel size power strip. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MP-OTG400-BK-Outlets/dp/B000F9YN2M
I have been looking at this exact one, it looks like a great size and crucially the plug is angled precisely in the right direction away from the Pedal Power outlet.

I think I will go pick one up today at PC Richardson to try. I just hope the plug fits without needing to shave the plastic away.

Reporting back soon

I have been looking at this exact one, it looks like a great size and crucially the plug is angled precisely in the right direction away from the Pedal Power outlet.

I think I will go pick one up today at PC Richardson to try. I just hope the plug fits without needing to shave the plastic away.

Reporting back soon
On closer study I don't think this will work.. There is a lot of plastic and moulding above the two small prongs which is where the outlet is snuggly hugging the pedal train bar. There is also an LED or status light on the back of the plug so I don't think it's feasible to shave away the moulding..

Back to square one :(

ARch

I know this might sound scary, but it's really easy to modify a power outlet cord like that if you find a right-angle plug that would work. There are only three wires, and they're always color-coded. Twist them together with the new wires, tape it up and forget about it.

When I built my pedalboard at home, I sliced a computer power cable in half, and changed one of the ends to a female power jack that accepts a normal power cord so that I wouldn't always have a tail hanging out of the board.

Much, much less headache than shaving plastic to make something fit, and a very entry-level "wiring" project.

I know this might sound scary, but it's really easy to modify a power outlet cord like that if you find a right-angle plug that would work. There are only three wires, and they're always color-coded. Twist them together with the new wires, tape it up and forget about it.

When I built my pedalboard at home, I sliced a computer power cable in half, and changed one of the ends to a female power jack that accepts a normal power cord so that I wouldn't always have a tail hanging out of the board.

Much, much less headache than shaving plastic to make something fit, and a very entry-level "wiring" project.
I was just thinking about this. I used to rewire power strips in England, they had a much larger plug that you could unscrew though. Here they are always moulded so wasn't sure how to reattach, perhaps taping it up with duct tape with be good enough if I am careful.

I'll have a hunt for some parts to use at Radioshack. Thanks for the input guys.

ARch

Use electrical tape on each wire connection that you make to protect from shorts, and then more electrical tape on the outside of all three together to protect from fraying or snags of the original tape. This should protect the connection from anything up to a swiss army knife. My connections kept like this are a headache even for me to intentionally unravel.

DonaldDemon

Reporting back soon

Yeah I bought a small plug extender (about 1 ft) that I zip tied under the board. I was trying to find a way to keep my wallwart for my POG mounted underneath. It’s not exactly what I was looking for but it does the job for now until I figure something better out. I thought of rewiring the plug end but I couldn’t even find a right angle that would fit in the hardware stores.

Here was my similar thread:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/633981

Trending Topics