Pedaltrain PT-2 and Voodoo PP2+ question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bohemianbrian, Feb 6, 2012.

1. bohemianbrian

bohemianbrian Member

Would love to own a PT2 but worried if it'll let me use all the features of the PP2+ namely the AC out.

I have a voodoo PP2+ and the back of it has an AC out (not the AC in to power the PP2+ itself) where you can plug in a 2-prong power adapter for certain pedals requiring a dedicated power supply. does the PP2 block that off from being used? is there enough space/clearance for a chunky powersupply to fit back there? my powersupply is one of those brick ones (shape of a 1-spot) with a two prong end and I dont know if it'd be able to clear the circular opening in the pictures...

thanks!

2. weshunter

weshunter Supporting Member

an adapter won't clear the opening, but any normal sized plug will

3. bohemianbrian

bohemianbrian Member

safe to use a power strip into there?

4. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

i have a 2 unit power strip in the COURTESY input

i also have the PT junior and use the COURTESY socket with no probs.....although i will say this;when measuring and drilling the holes for the bracket you HAVE to be 100% precise with your measurements to get the plug in.....well we do here in the UK

5. HCarlH

HCarlH Member

You can go to Walmart and get an extension that is just a few inches long (The ends light up as well.) I use the outlet to power my wireless.

6. weshunter

weshunter Supporting Member

i don't get the all caps on COURTESY

:confused:

7. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

it's what Voodoo labs call the socket input.......i used all caps rather than " " out of a need /desire to be original

is that OK with YOU ? :)

8. chip46

chip46 Member

I bought a little plug extension at Lowes that comes out flush with the back of the Pedaltrain. You could then plug any size adapter onto the back. I have two adapters I needed to use, so I bought a little 2 plug surge protector that I routed underneath the board.

[​IMG]

Here's the extension plug. This was a cheap walmart one, but I had to upgrade to a nicer black one from Lowes, the cheapy one tended to wiggle around too much and I would get loss of power to the strip.

[​IMG]

9. groovington

groovington Member

You can use one of those little dummy plugs in there. You know that have the ground, that is typically used as an adaptor to plug a grounded plug into a 2 prong outlet. It is the perfect length. And if you ever need to get it out, use needle nose pliers!

10. bohemianbrian

bohemianbrian Member

sweet feedback - thanks guys

11. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Did you have to drill your PT-2 to mount the PP2+?

Not too hot on that.

12. chip46

chip46 Member

If you want to mount the PP2+ with brackets you have to drill 4 holes. Takes about a minute.

What's not appealing about the bracket method and drilling?

13. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

You could also apply dual lock along the brackets -- i've seen some folks do that before. But it will never hold nearly as strong as screws.

14. cheameup

cheameup Member

I just had to drill my PT pro for a new PP2+ and I wasnt too excitied about it either as I'm generally a retard with tools .
    but its a piece of cake with a decent drill