Pedaltrain Question

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
What is a good solution for better supporting a pedal on a Pedaltrain board where you want to orient it vertically but you only have the one rail to support it? I'm planning a new pedalboard but I have a few spots like in the sample image below where there isn't room to squeeze the pedal onto a second rail. Is there some sort of brace or support you can add to keep the pedal more secure?

index.php

homeunit

Platinum Supporting Member
I sold my pedaltrain board and got a Temple Audio board, ultimately more flexible for me.

john l

Silver Supporting Member
Ideally you try to avoid positioning a pedal that way but this is another great example of why you should always use dual lock. If youre are generous with dual lock on both the the rail's and pedal's contact surfaces it will be very sturdy.

lions571

Silver Supporting Member
I have 3 or 4 baseplates I bought for Boss pedals in a drawer that didn't fit if you want to give them a go, maybe attach them side ways in the space underneath where you need the support? Let me know if you need them and I will send them.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
I have 3 or 4 baseplates I bought for Boss pedals in a drawer that didn't fit if you want to give them a go, maybe attach them side ways in the space underneath where you need the support? Let me know if you need them and I will send them.
Thanks. That's very nice of you to offer. I'm still very much in the planning stages at this point though, so let me see which board I land with.

I'm currently looking at a Pedaltrain Classic 3, but again, not sure everything I have will fit properly without getting overly Tetris-y, which I'm not especially interested in.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder if getting something like a Pedaltrain power supply mounting kit and strategically placing it vertically in a key spot would be a solution. Might need to chop it up a bit and jerry-rig it.

L75314000001000-00-720x720.jpg

cosmic_ape

Resident Lefty of Doom
Silver Supporting Member
I make my own strips out of balsa wood. I paint them black and attach them with dual lock. Just make sure they’re long enough to go across a couple of frames to gain enough support.

They look like this:

Liarparadox

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why are the rails so far apart on Pedaltrain?
It's always bothered me; but I'm just guessing it's because it saves them from having to put another row of rails in there and thus saving them some $$$. But Idk; just a guess and it's pretty annoying.

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
Get one of these! I gave up on Pedaltrain boards and now I'm happily using Rockboards. Much better for pedal positioning and cable management, and they're slanted a bit - which I like. This one is a Duo 2.1, which holds about five Boss size pedals, but they come in a lot of sizes.
f0nLAIU.jpg

BearBryan

Silver Supporting Member
Just one of many things that made me move on from pedaltrain boards. I won’t mention what I moved on to because he is a scammer (well know you probably know who I’m talking about) but it was exactly what I needed. I’ll do a few extra good deeds this year to balance it out.

Crimson Queen

Silver Supporting Member
I posted a solution in another thread. I use 1/8" black plexiglass and industrial velcro. It doesn't add spring. I use the material to extend the footing of my pedals. The entire top row has plexiglass under the pedals. You can see on the edge, but I can pull the plates back a little, and it becomes invisible.

New board 2021-12-22_2_resize.jpg

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
Just one of many things that made me move on from pedaltrain boards. I won’t mention what I moved on to because he is a scammer (well know you probably know who I’m talking about) but it was exactly what I needed. I’ll do a few extra good deeds this year to balance it out.
Lol you bought a Vertex board?!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom