Pedaltrain Volto is great

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rowdyyates, Feb 16, 2015.

1. rowdyyates

rowdyyates Supporting Member

I've used a pedaltrain jr. with a Pedalpower Plus for years. There were three things I didn't like - reaching over a row of pedals to get to the upper level, having to plug in (never any power outlets at the front of the stage, and it was always in the way of the legs of my mic stand. I sold the Jr. And bought two Nanos and a Volto. I'm running 7 pedals, none are digital. Now I can set my mic stand with a leg towards me for better support, put a Nano on each side, reach all the pedals easily and not worry about another cord running under my feet. I used this rig for a four hour gig and two rehearsals and still had power. I can also move pedals around and just take one Nano if that's what the gig calls for. It's a great setup.
    I have since bought a second Volto and mounted it under the second Nano. I didn't need the capacity, but now set up is easier. $100 is not cheap but compared to a Plus at $170 it's a great deal, as long as it lasts.

2. Jxff

Jxff Member

Thanks for the info on the volto, I was thinking about getting one, does it fit nicely under the nano? How long are the charge times?

3. Bee Thomas

Bee Thomas Member

I am using a Volto under a "mini" sized pedalboard. I generally have five pedals in the chain including a Dispatch Master at 60 mA draw which is Always On. I am able to get about two practices out of a full charge. That's about five hours I would guess.
    You can use the Volto "plugged in" and charging, but I noticed a slight whining sound that kind of defeats the whole purpose of quiet clean power isolated forn AC noise issues.
    I just make sure to charge it before each use and have never had a problem making it through a practice or a gig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jxff

Jxff Member

This video claims longer use times, so much I doubted it and it seems you confirmed a more reasonable use time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ta2v-Zwi8U4

5. rowdyyates

rowdyyates Supporting Member

My use time has been 10+ hours between charges! but that's going to vary a lot with different set ups. Charge time is 6 hours, so you do have to plan a bit.

It fits perfectly under a Nano.

6. OverdriveLover

OverdriveLover Supporting Member

I am wondering how many charges you get, or the life of the battery in general. I would probably only use this for small/quick gigs with a nano, and not on my real board so it would probably last a long time, but for those using it daily I guess maybe a year to 18 months before it starts to lose it's longevity?